Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Soldering skills :)

Options
  • 05-05-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hello, I've tried (and failed) to solder an xbox controller in the hope of making a cheap control panel for my cheap mame arcade machine (and I mean cheap!!), destroying the pad completely in the process.

With this in mind I'm willing to trade my beloved Spiderman Arcade jamma pcb to anyone who could solder up a few xbox controllers, so I can wire them up to my control panel.

I've also got Street Smart, Superman, a Time Crisis 4 (ps3) gun and some old console games (Parappa the Rapper, Medievil, Loaded, goldeneye, mario kart 64, Combat atari2600)that might take peoples fancy (if the main carrot of the Spiderman game doesn't interest them).

Thanks for takin the time to read this :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I have a couple of PCBs from XBox arcade sticks. The PCBs have solder terminals along the edges, and should be easy to wire up. First I'd have to check if these sticks work with the XBCD driver on Win XP 32-bit, assuming that's what you're using. Let me know what you think of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

I'm actually using an xbox, so if you had those pcbs and they'd work if wired up to buttons on an arcade control panel then that'd be perfect. Though I'd have to stress that I couldn't solder the pcb myself (wire to wire is the max of my capabilities!!).

If you could sort me out then just pick what ya want from what I offered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Hygro,
    Ask Kikki over at Fighting games forum.My soldering skills are crap as well(maybe its the massive 30w iron I've been using:D)
    He hacks pads in his sleep and a gentleman at that

Hey unky, I think my friend is onto him about this already with regard to buying sticks to modify. I think my soldering iron is 40w btw!!

I'll wait on this thread and hopefully monty will come through for me :)

I can solder to the PCBs and put button terminals on the wires. I'll test them first to make sure they still work on the XBox.

• Advertisement

Hi monty,

that's great. just let me know if they work out, then we can sort out what you want :)

btw, it is xbox 1 you're talking about, not 360? :D

Yes, original XBox. I found the sticks. I hope the PCBs still work.

so do I :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement