Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Smoke!

Options
  • 05-05-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Came off motorway near Tullamore on Monday to clouds of smoke! Apparently from the bog fires in Ballinagar. Has the rain put a stop to it? I heard it was burning for days and you couldn't see a thing in Ballinagar it was so bad:eek:

Hope there wasn't much damage etc. Scary thing is...the Irish Independant yesterday reported that it was started intentionally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

I was away and missed it all, but my mam was saying there was smoke blown into tullamore town on monday from the fires....scary indeed!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lots of smoke around Tesco and Aldi. People living in the area had to close windows as soot and smoke were coming into the house.

I heard people often set fires this time of year for turf cutting. But this year, after the frost, lots of plants were dead. Then the heat dried everything out and the wind made fires impossible to control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

In Ballinagar last sunday night, OMG. You would not see the hand in front of you.
    In daingean on wednesday morning, driving through, in the car, windows up and I was gasping for breath. Apparently it even crossed the road.

Advertisement