Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incomplete Tattoo GRRRRRRR!

Options
  • 05-05-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Well heres the story. I got a tattoo done (well half done) by an artist in a reputable studio a while back. I paid the full amount up front had 2 sittings and am due a third to finish off my tattoo. The artist has since left said studio to work on their own. Said artist told me to email them and organise a time/date to finish up in the new place. I emailed the artist 3 times, rang their phone and posted on a social network site, all to no response.

Now heres my question I know that the artist and the studio get a 50/50 split of the money I paid for the tattoo so if I cannot get in contact with the artist would the studio be responsible for finishing my piece. I would be happy enough to get it done by anyone else in the studio because I’m a fan of their work. It’s just annoying because I have a half finished piece on me since Christmas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

big syke wrote: »
    Well heres the story. I got a tattoo done (well half done) by an artist in a reputable studio a while back. I paid the full amount up front had 2 sittings and am due a third to finish off my tattoo. The artist has since left said studio to work on their own. Said artist told me to email them and organise a time/date to finish up in the new place. I emailed the artist 3 times, rang their phone and posted on a social network site, all to no response.

Now heres my question I know that the artist and the studio get a 50/50 split of the money I paid for the tattoo so if I cannot get in contact with the artist would the studio be responsible for finishing my piece. I would be happy enough to get it done by anyone else in the studio because I’m a fan of their work. It’s just annoying because I have a half finished piece on me since Christmas.
    I'm missing a chunk of my wrist piece for 4 years, yer not waiting to long. Have you contacted the original studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

No not yet i'm going to do that on saturday. I was just wondering had any one else similar experiences and what reply i'd expect form the studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chocablock

A friend of mine had the same problem. Tattoo studio said theyd do it with a different artist to keep reputation more likely but in the end he got in contact with original artist as he was a good customer of his and got it done in his house. They should sort something out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Legally I'm not sure where you stand. If she was an employee of the parlour then a contract exists between you and the establishment and they're obliged to complete it for you.

If, however, it's more of a freelance thing whereby she uses their premises and splits the money with them, then it is more of a case that your contract is with her personally and they don't have to do anything.

I suppose your best bet is to go in and politely explain the problem. Places like that live on word of mouth so I think they'd happily do one more session to finish the tat rather than have someone going around telling people about how they screwed them over.

Cheers guys. As far as i know the artist was an employee as they had to hand notice in to the stuido before they left. Im going to pp in on saturday or sunday have a quick chat with them. They are very reputible and popular as i mentioned so hopefully i'll have no problem....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

How did you get on after?... I had a slightly similar situation, but I didnt pay it all up front, but i paid more than half. I now have a black outline of the phoenix and he was supposed to colour it in in the second sitting but he's moved back to his own country. It doesnt really bother me-I like the phoenix as it is. Just said i'd share my story :)

I still havent gone in (such a lazy ****ebag) ill be around town on saturday so will pop in and see how it goes!

Advertisement