Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starcraft.ie League I - Mega merge group discussion threads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Just to note brimur has droped out and Trotts is now taking over his place. This group is one of the harder groups in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Woohoo!! BEst news ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

I wont be able to play till ~20th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

I bet one hundred internets that prometheus will get the farthest out of this group, before being owned by myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Khaz would have loved a word with you, prior to his inactivity (:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

Thanks Sinister ^_____^
    I would still have couple of days to practice. Btw I remember UnholyGregor registering for the last LAN, but I dont remember him playing =\ But I have bad memory srsly. Any comments on that?

he's all talk...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm noon on Saturday I'll likely be asleep, but should be ok for the afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭VikingErik

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hmmm noon on Saturday I'll likely be asleep, but should be ok for the afternoon :)

I'll be on the irc channel if I'm available. Kind of depends on what the girlfriend wants to do :P

I can't sleep past noon despite being out drinking til 3am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭F69Baal

anytime during the upcoming week :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

VikingErik (MilkRain) 0 : 2 Pixelburp (Pixelburp)

Replays attached

Milkrain 0:2 Chicks

I hate sucking :(

VikingErik wrote: »
    Milkrain 0:2 Chicks

I hate sucking :(

wait for these qualifying to be over... then you will play vs your own level. so its all good.

to RM - No I won't. Highest ranked gets to play lowest ranked in winners bracket, so I'll meet a masters player for sure. Same goes for you :P

Hopefully we meet in losers bracket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone wanna play?

come on irc. decent crowd in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

come on irc. decent crowd in there.

Yeah I was, I mean the two dudes I'm supposed to be playing in the first round. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Due to deadlines and ****, I'd be much happier to play thursday onwards :D

VikingErik wrote: »
    to RM - No I won't. Highest ranked gets to play lowest ranked in winners bracket, so I'll meet a masters player for sure. Same goes for you :P

Hopefully we meet in losers bracket :D

I am already working on another league for lower level players. Like I said throughout this league is just for fun to start some sort of games.

I won 2-0. Standard enough games, but its kind of impossible for me to lose zvz at the moment :p.

Props to Freepower, didn't cheese in either game, i thought he would try to get some I sneaky wins knowing he the underdog especially in a mirror matchup, but he played as legitimately as I could have asked for. :D

Heres the replays if anyones interested. Emm, nothing too wild, I just built like a million drones and then went and killed him.... but yeah, anyone struggling with zvz should give them a look.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/173998-1v1-zerg-xelnaga-caverns
    http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/173999-1v1-zerg-gutterhulk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

Well, I was going to eco cheese game 2, I was going to go double hatch before pool if I could delay your hatch a few seconds before letting you take it. :P

Unfortunately, my drone block micro was just too epic to deal with and you bitched out and pooled before hatch, leaving me with a nice solid advantage to squander. XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm afraid I am tied up until the 17th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I'm happy to play you two in Week 3. I also don't have a lot of time since I have exams although I might be able to find an hour or two this week during the day for the others. Give me a PM if you want to play this week.

Yeah, I know. We're not really complaining or anything.

Appreciate the effort you're putting into it.

If you go double hatch before pool, you will die so fast its not even funny...... really.....
    and going pool first isnt that bad, as you let me snipe like 3 or 4 drones with speedlings ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Im free today lads, just PM me on boards if Im not on battlenet and ill get online. Watching Man U game in a bit so hopefully after that ;)

Was noticing the differences between my Bronze game (Wikipal) and Diamond (Freepower), map control, counters and general 'letting me know hes there' with Zerglings round the base.

I scouted early, no six pool, so I droned up a little more than usual before a standard wall in, rax + marines, scouted expansion...more marines...move out to take out or do some drone kills...ran into zerglings and banlings. My mistake as I should have retreated off creep. Lovely overlord positioning and creep spread from Freepower and then map control...for some reason I didnt transition into anything but blue flame hellions. Zerg are my harder matchup which is strange since my 2v2 partner is Zerg.

GG's though.

(Still have to play freepower one more time)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

If you go double hatch before pool, you will die so fast its not even funny...... really.....
    and going pool first isnt that bad, as you let me snipe like 3 or 4 drones with speedlings ;p

Well, it's a cheese, you scout it, I die. :P

And you made speedlings - that's essentially me sniping your drones. :P

I think even being 2 bases up wouldn't have been enough to win the game for me though, you outmacro'd me sooooo hard. Not that I mind - zerg winning games is always good! :D

freepower wrote: »
    Well, it's a cheese, you scout it, I die. :P

And you made speedlings - that's essentially me sniping your drones. :P

I think even being 2 bases up wouldn't have been enough to win the game for me though, you outmacro'd me sooooo hard. Not that I mind - zerg winning games is always good! :D

not really you sniping drones, i had to build lings anyway as i went pool first. and i didnt lose the lings. so the advantage you had by expo first was lost by bad drone micro :p

anyway, Feanor, your next on the hitlist.... il try make it a painless as possible :p

Freepower won against Arciphel 2-0 Here are the replays for that match if anyone is interested.

I have uploaded the results so far from this thread, please tell me if they are correct

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvzYC2auF-KUdG85dTdWeFdPOUNQXzVTcEw2WEFMUkE&hl=en&authkey=CJzCw7IJ&pli=1#gid=1

• Advertisement

ehm i dont think you've updated my results yet for game 1, i won 2-0 to freepower.

Advertisement