Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a snooker hall

• 05-05-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭

Any body know of a snooker hall that i could take my 9 year old son to during the day for a frame or 2 without being members.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

There one down beside Tubes. I think the streets name is Cecil street.

It's a bit of a dump but you don't need to be a member to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Is the Victoria club closed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Yea, i think they are all slowly dying a death, so not much maintainance,dont mind that as long as its ok for the lad and not some front for gangs to hang around,will check it.

amiable wrote: »
    Was looking that one up,it was refurbished and reopened as the venetian club but i think they may have changed the name back to the victoria,doesnt seem to be any up to date imfomation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

amiable wrote: »

Its now the Venetian and members only. The one towards Henry St(beside Tubes) isnt too bad

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Its now the Venetian and members only. The one towards Henry St(beside Tubes) isnt too bad
    Yea,might try that and its pretty central so the rest can go shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The one next to tubes is called St.Michaels Snooker Hall from what I remember and you don't have to be a member. Think the Venetian is back to being called the Victoria. Worth looking into checking out the Venetian/Victoria because they used to have 3/4 size snooker tables which where excellent if you didn't want to play full size. The full size are big for an adult so a 9 year old would find it huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Victoria is back open under new management always had great tables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

funworld on the ennis rd in the supermacs building has a couple of snooker tables and is ideal for your requirement..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

agree with last poster, think supermacs on ennis road would be your best bet

• Advertisement

Thanks guy ,i will check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone ever see the snooker room in the Shannon Rowing Club? Awesome is all I will say!

Just to let you know ,went in to limerick last wednesday with small man,went to st michaels on cecil st which opens at one o clock and had an hour of snooker for a fiver.Lovely old club with photo on the walls all around of rowers dating back to the 1900s and old continues raised seating all round the walls.Funderland wanted €7 for an hour on a basic pool table.Are these the same rowing club thats out on the bridge?.Thanks for all your replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

We don't have full size snooker tables, but we have 8 pool tables in the Students' Union at UL. They've just been recovered and it's €1 a game. We're open 9-5 Mon-Thu and 9-4 Fri for the summer months. It's fairly quiet with the students away so you're unlikely to be disturbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Naryclaire

Wrecked tired and I read the title as "looking for a hooker, small"....

Catherine st?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Naryclaire wrote: »
    Wrecked tired and I read the title as "looking for a hooker, small"....

Nothing like bringing your son to his first hooker eh, how is that for father son bonding :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Schnoz

Hi.

The venetian club changed hands last year. It is now under new ownership and is called the Victoria Club again. It has 9 full sized tables which have all be covered recently and 4 8 ball tables. It is not members only but members do get a discounted rate.

Advertisement