Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head engaged??

Options
  • 05-05-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Il be 35 weeks this saturday and for the past week or 2 im feeling alot more of my babys movement very low down.. Like just below where your underwear would sit. Does this mean babys head is engaged?or would i even know if it was?? Its my first pregnancy so iv read that the head often engages much earlier. I just keep getting this feeling that im going to have the baby early..not sure why i think that.its just a feeling iv got:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

For what it's worth, both of my girls were quite low in the last 6-8 weeks. Thinking back, I can actually remember a feeling like a foot/arm/hand/head/whatever had "descended" down the birth canal (I know this isn't possible, but it's what it felt like). Was really amusing to be sitting at a meeting at the office having this very private moment :D

In any case, I have no idea if that's "engaging" or just the natural dropping process that happens in the last trimester.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Lol i know what you mean... Sometimes it feels like he is literally stomping his way out my nether regions! Can be quite uncomfortable,to put it mildly!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I am 33 weeks and baby is still in breech position, is there a particular time when the babys head should be pointing downwards? I guess I have a few weeks to go yet until I worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Winnie - Baby can turn itself up to 36 weeks. They may consider turning te baby after that if it has not done so itself already.

Qwertytlk - I still remember the pain in my lady garden from babs doing whatever she was doing. My friend calls it 'lightening vagina' :D

Baby usually engages from about 36-37 weeks, but all this really means is that baby is using all the available space and if they are head down, of course they are going to fill the pelvis with thier little noggins. It happens earlier in first pregnancies as the tummy muscles are nice and firm. They will get stretched from the pregnancy and be more lax in following pregnancies, and that is why in subsequent pregnancies, engagement may not occur until labour actually begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Winnie look up www.spinningbabies.com

It's a website with loads of info on how to turn breech babies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement