Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiation Therapy TCD

• 05-05-2011 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Anybody applying for this?

I really want it ! It's such an interesting career.

Any RT's or anybody studying it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheRepeat

carlyle wrote: »

Any RT's or anybody studying it?

My sister is just qualifying in it this year. She absolutely loves it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 carlyle

That's so good ! Fairplay to her like.

I hope the points stay the same or drop.

And is it an intense course or alright ?
    I heard a lot of people drop out because they can't deal with cancer patients who unfortunately die. Is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheRepeat

It's intense enough, as far as I picked up from her it's as intense as every other course. No course is easy :P I guess it depends if ppl are sensitive or if they can deal with that kinda thing. It seems more rewarding than anything- like to se a patient get better must be such a great feeling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I have it down as number 4. My sister works as a nurse on a cancer ward at the moment and I can see how tough it is on her sometimes. But then I also get to see how happy she is when someone beats their disease. I'd say it would be a very interesting career to say the least.

Advertisement