Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathon/Triathlon Training Thread

Options
  • 05-05-2011 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

Seems to be alot of people trying to manage the two this year who will probably get alot out of the Novice and Improvers threads but I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread specifically for you guys to be able to talk discuss fitting running in with Tri training etc and making it all fit together

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

The classic one would be doing the DCM after a season of Tri racing. I did this on my first 2 seasons although I was a pacer both times and not gunning for a time. One thing would say though that on both occasions my 'A' goal for the Tri season was in September so I had to basically run the DCM off risidual fitness. I had to ramp up the Long Runs quickly but doing it at a very comfortable pacing pace was ok. If I were were looking for a time at the DCM I would have severely compromised my Tri A goal. I'm saying this as so many are aiming for Galway 70.3 as their target race and will decide to 'have a go' at the DCM with their newfound level of fitness.

Advertisement