Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Blackpool - Match Thread

Options
  • 05-05-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

We owe these fcukers a good seeing to. It's a long time since we stuffed somebody at the lane, so I reckon this could be the night when the goals flow (all too late :rolleyes: ). An early goal and we are laughing. Bale will no doubt play left full with VDV or lennon in front of him, so we can play 2 strikers. Pav and JD to start and get on the scoresheet, home win a certainty, 5-1 win ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

blackpool are better on their travels than at home. i remember that defeat at their place, it was embarrasing to say the least

no full backs for this game so bale might revert back and kaboul on other side

2-1 to spurs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

4-3, to spurs...I reckon we'll go 3-0 up before mistakes happen and they claw their way back into the game.

Hope Bale can relax a bit and at least look like he enjoys playing, he's looked very cagey since coming back from injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

Gotta love the optimism of Spurs fans, its almost laughable

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Optimism is for morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Chnandler Bong

i.e Spurs fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Gotta love the optimism of Spurs fans, its almost laughable
    i.e Spurs fans

Thanks for you great input.

Now leave us Spurs fans be and don't bother insulting us in our own forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

i.e Spurs fans

Shut the door on your way out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Looking like Lennons going to shifted out apparently had a falling out with Harry.From COYS:
    Basically Spurs have decided to let Lennon go in the summer the story says. Complete breakdown in his relationship with Redknapp and he went absolutely ape **** with him after he pulled out of the Madrid game. £15m will do it apparently.

There are quotes, don't know who from but I can't publish them because the stories not out, no idea where it's going to appear first. PA usually give the stories out, then it goes to Sky, BBC, newsnow, goal.com etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

to be honest, i think lennon should be sold anyway. How many good games has he put in all season? A one trick pony in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if Lennon got shipped out in the summer. On the plus side he’s got an abundance of energy and speed on the negative his delivery is dreadful.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if Lennon got shipped out in the summer. On the plus side he’s got an abundance of energy and speed on the negative his delivery is dreadful.

wouldnt agree that his delivery is dreadful at all. most of his deliveries are good and some are excellent. he has gone off the boil recently and was very poor in last few games. i would believe the story that he dosent get on too well with harry, dont think we will get anywhere near 15 million for him though

mickman wrote: »
    dont think we will get anywhere near 15 million for him though

Yeah, if we don't want him Liverpool will be less likely to go after him :D

I like Lennon, he's been a great footballer for us and it would be a real shame if there's been a falling out that would force him out of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lennon travels with the ball so quickly at times that he panics and delivers a misplaced cross, instead of looking into the box to pick out a man he’s looking down. It’s sheer luck at times that his final ball connects with anyone , how are you meant to pick anyone out if your head is looking at the ground?

we have no one in the box that can header the ball anyway so there is no point in a beckham delivery.

mickman wrote: »
    we have no one in the box that can header the ball

I bet that's a skill Sandro will come up with :D he'll be a goalscoring machine next season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Seen Sandro play a bit in Brazil and he seemed strong in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd be gutted if Lennon was sold. Before his injury he was flying along and his delivery had improved. If we sold him, who'd we get to replace him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Cant believe all the lennon hating goin on !! He was phenomenal last season, fantastic footballer in my opinion. He has a few bad games and people are lookin to flog him off !! We have no better right winger and there are very few in the world I would swap him for !
    Hope he stays and proves all of you wrong.... His cross is far from the best... But he makes it up in speed and skill and has bags of potential.
    Should be building a team around him bale and modric... Not splitting them up !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Have an exam today and thought I was going to miss the match. Was delighted to see that its not on till 5.30 happy days. Looking forward to the game. Really hopeful we can put in a good 90 and win by a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I hope Lennon runs the show today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Prior to kickoff, eyes firmly fixed on Everton today, (future Spurs Manager) Moyes might do us a favour! COYS

City up by one

Am I right in saying if city win they can't be caught ?

1-1 Distin and Everton in the ascendancy! COYS!

2-1 Osman! COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

2-1 toffees ..blow it up now ref

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If that stays 2-1 I'm going to go out on a limd now and say we'll snatch 4th. Don't write us (or sadly liverpool) off yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ziedth wrote: »
    If that stays 2-1 I'm going to go out on a limd now and say we'll snatch 4th. Don't write us (or sadly liverpool) off yet.

liverpool have no chance of 4th as a winner in next tuesday nights game will finish liverpools chance of getting CL

Great performance by Everton in the 2nd half! They could of been 3-0 down at HT, came out and took 60% possession of the 2nd half, FT 2-1....

This could be they day it all changes, now Harry, please please beat Blackpool!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I see that now, I somehow thought Liverpool were also on 34 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Right back in it now.. Nothing but 3 points will do this evening. The chance is there, they have to take it!

Advertisement