Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone do interview for Arts in Maynooth?

Options
  • 05-05-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, I am waiting for a date for interview for MH101 in Maynooth so just wondering if anyone has done one yet and if so what was it like? I didn't get an interview for denominated degree in English but would be happy to do Arts and really hope to get a place. At open day I think they said there were about 1200+ mature applicants for around 450 places so competition will be tough I think. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Hi,
    I went for an interview a few weeks ago. It was with two people - both of whom were extremely nice and were very enthusiastic about the Arts programme. (It's a fantastic course, so no wonder!)

They wanted to know what interested me about Arts in NUIM and asked what I had been doing prior to applying for the degree programme.
    It was a great encounter and I think the important thing is for you to be comfortable with yourself and be able to talk fluently about your life experience.

Also, be prepared to talk about subject matter relating to any of the modules that especially interest you. Goes without saying of course that you should be familiar with the offered modules, which are all available to view on the website.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭2ndchance

Thanks for that Rasmus. I really want this so I am really afraid to mess up! When you mention modules do you mean they asked which 3 subjects you are interested in and which modules within each subject? Thanks again for the reply.

2ndchance wrote: »
    Thanks for that Rasmus. I really want this so I am really afraid to mess up! When you mention modules do you mean they asked which 3 subjects you are interested in and which modules within each subject? Thanks again for the reply.

Sorry, I meant the subjects, not modules (thinking of something else!). I.e. if you are interested in taking Geography, English and Economics, for example, be ready to demonstrate your interest by showing you have a little knowledge already.

I don't know the exact formula though of course, but I believe enthusiasm is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭2ndchance

Brill! I can do enthuastic:). Thanks again for your help.

2ndchance wrote: »
    Brill! I can do enthuastic:). Thanks again for your help.
    No worries, glad to be help at all!! Hopefully they'll bring you in soon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement