Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plagarism

Options
  • 05-05-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I was thinking of using an online plagarism checker to be sure I've not accidentally copied anything and was wondering can anyone recommend anything? I was thinking of turnitin but not sure how useful it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 postgrad89

turnitin is very good it checks everything from online and from other colleges around the world

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭swizzle123

turnitin is quiet popular and is actually used in a lot of colleges around Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I use WriteCheck to make sure Turnitin won't catch me out. I've often found sections I forgot to reference correctly thanks to it. Though it is a paid-for service.

http://www.writecheck.com/static/home.html

I have being using turnitin all year in my college.

I use Viper, before I submit any assignment, project, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mono627

Do you not need some sort of enrollment password to use turnitin? Can you get this from the college?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

mono627 wrote: »
    Do you not need some sort of enrollment password to use turnitin? Can you get this from the college?

In my experience Turnitin is set up by the lecturer assigning the task. It involves enrolling in a class using a given password (by him/her).

Turnitin is for the benefit of the lecturer. It produces a percentage of material sourced / not referenced - ie. plagiarised. Getting to the result before the lecturer gives the innocent student / little thief a distinct advantage.

Advertisement