Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin Heritage Trail

Options
  • 05-05-2011 3:13pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dunshaughlin Historical society is offically opening its local heritage trail this Saturday in the library in Dunshaughlin at 3pm, about 20 plaques up documenting the history in Dunshaughlin. All welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

We have one on our school :o

And I noticed the one on the Garda Station station too, cool to read some background information on all the buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

I went along to this but couldn't stay due to some impatient little people! Nice work on the photos in the brochure borderfox :-) It's a shame some of the sites which sound very interesting are closed to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

My wife and I went along to the launch last Sunday in the Library...impressive work put in by the Tidy Towns and Historical Society overall.
    Mickey Kenny led the way around the Main St, stopping at the information points along the way, imparting his knowledge and telling the group (about 25/30 people?) interesting anecdotes etc...
    Amusing moment when he pointed across the road to the Indian take-away premises and announced that this was the most historical building in Dunshaughlin...because this was the house that he born and raised in!

Anyway, good to see positives being done amid all our collective gloom, and I think the people involved deserve a lot of credit for their efforts in enhancing the village and what it has to offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Was given the little brochure on it today - looks fab! The pictures aren't half bad neither :rolleyes:... Also found out that the principal of our school did the actual research for the project!

Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭haydar

Great Idea. I must go up for a look!

• Advertisement
Advertisement