Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roger Daltry performing 'Tommy', @thePark, July 26

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Sitting in the back garden listening to the concert, sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Nice, intimate show from Roger last night. It's great to be able to see the whites of the artist's eyes, without having a big screen in place. The 'Tommy' stuff was good, but for me, the Who-stuff, complete with a Johnny Cash medley and a lovely mellow bluesy version of 'My Generation' were the highlights. Good value for money too - he came on at 8.14pm, 1 minute ahead of the scheduled start time and finished around 10.40 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Fantastic gig, He sounded on top form. Played a really long set for some of 67. Hopefully the download of this show will be on the Who's website. It said the UK leg is being recorded for a download and it works out at about 11 Euro. I'm sure the Dublin gig will be done too. The visuals on the screen for Tommy were very cool. Hard to pick a highlight. Hearing Tattoo was brilliant and the other early Who numbers at the beginning before they launched into Tommy. Tommy itself was top notch and the other stuff at the end was the icing on the cake. I ended up with VIP passes so I got to meet the band, not Roger though. I had a brilliant night altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

CiaranK wrote: »
    Fantastic gig, He sounded on top form. Played a really long set for some of 67. Hopefully the download of this show will be on the Who's website. It said the UK leg is being recorded for a download and it works out at about 11 Euro. I'm sure the Dublin gig will be done too. The visuals on the screen for Tommy were very cool. Hard to pick a highlight. Hearing Tattoo was brilliant and the other early Who numbers at the beginning before they launched into Tommy. Tommy itself was top notch and the other stuff at the end was the icing on the cake. I ended up with VIP passes so I got to meet the band, not Roger though. I had a brilliant night altogether.

It's great that the tour is going down so well. I think the American leg is next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Great gig. As others have said Roger was on top form. Played for nearly 2.5 hours. Great value. Sound very good. No queues anywhere. Thats what you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

CiaranK wrote: »

somethings wrong....i bought it today when it went up and for the rest of the day my account says 'pre-ordered' with no download link..

livedownloads.jpg

coolegrain wrote: »
    somethings wrong....i bought it today when it went up and for the rest of the day my account says 'pre-ordered' with no download link..

livedownloads.jpg

I haven't gotten mine yet. Thats strange, is there anyone you can contact on the site?

its downloading now...thanks

• Advertisement

coolegrain wrote: »
    its downloading now...thanks

I just downloaded mine there too. Cool! :)

It sounds great by the way. A great little memento! :)

young man blues / water was amazing on the night....blew me away.....sounds great on the recording too.
    often times these unmixed from the soundboard recordings sound different than being at the gig...this is the same...but still a great listen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Did anyone here get a freebie ticket from MCD, and then get hit up for a mandatory charitable donation at the box office? It just sounds a bit fishy to me.

Any idea what charity was involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Yeah, I got stung by that. It was for for autistic children. Worthy cause but underhanded method of soliciting. Little surprises me when ticketmaster are involved but that was a new one on me.

Advertisement