Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Scoreboard App

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭shmeee

foto joe wrote: »
    Thanks shmeee! Very rewarding to see it in use! :) Spotted a couple of other users on twitter today too!

Can you please rate it and review on the Android Market! ;)

Someone have it a 1/5 without saying why, so that dragged down the average rating for a while.

I gave it a review and 5 star rating anyway... Was one of the first :)

And I see your following me on twitter too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

shmeee wrote: »
    Ps. the main updates that I would recommend on the next version would be a location and edit tweet function... You don't want to over complicate things too much...

Don't worry any stats features that require additional input will be either an option you need to enable or in a separate stats app.

The stats that will be coming will be based on the scores/time data that the user would be inserting anyway. There could be an option to tweet the stats after a match and that could send a link to a webpage displaying the data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭davetherave

Regarding stats. I think some of the more important ones that should be included without crowding the layout would be
    Fouls, Yellows/Reds, Wides, 45's/65's and lineballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

I successfully installed in the previous versions of this, however the market place says my device is not compatible for your latest release.

My phone, is a Mini Xperia X10 Mini Pro. Firmware is version 2.1 update 1.

Any idea whats wrong?

Do you have another place to download this from?

Colm R wrote: »
    My phone, is a Mini Xperia X10 Mini Pro. Firmware is version 2.1 update 1.
    Mushy wrote: »
    If ya mean firmware it says version 2.1 update 1. Ive wanted to update for ages.

Hmnn something strange going on there... I'll look into it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Mushy wrote: »
    Galaxy europa. No detail at all, just said not compatible.

Same issue for me on the same phone

Hmnn something strange going on there... I'll look into it...

I have the same problem with Firefox 4 and you can see on this page:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms/Android

that its got to do with the processor.

As your dev versions worked fine for me, I suspect the market has made a decision that this is not compatible. I'm not sure what the process is to put an app on the market, but is there some section where you need to state whats compatible and whats not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭patmac

Hi Joe,
    I used it for our club for the first time yesterday, set up the Twitter account (@PearsesRossies) and it worked well I have 9 followers now on Twitter despite limited exposure so I am hoping to increase that, I had a few teething problems but it worked well in the end, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The Galaxy Europa has a different screen QVLA I think its called (?) that you need to state in your app that you support it.

Either that or you may have to state you support the smaller screen size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Doesn't show up from a market search using a Galaxy Europa, 2.2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭davetherave

My GT540 uses much the same processor as a europa, 600mhz, ARM6 and am running 2.1 version 1 and it shows up for me in the market and works fine. So I don't think that would be it.

Does it work if you download the apk on a computer and install it on the phone using an apk manager or file browser??

Does it work if you download the apk on a computer and install it on the phone using an apk manager or file browser??

I imagine it would work. However forgive me, but could you tell me how I could download the .apk file from the market place. I can't seem to figure that out.

I think the problem is actually with screen resolution.

I'm not sure what the defaults are for this but I've manually set it now to accept all.

Let me know if you can find it now on the Market. (search via Market app, the market website is v slow to update).

Nevermind, I just downloaded it now.

Sweet.

Did you do something to fix it for me?

That'll be the update. :) Any problems with it fitting on the screen?

Downloaded and installed. A small bit of scrolling required to see the bottom buttons. I can live with that - my bad for having a small phone.

That'll be the update. :) Any problems with it fitting on the screen?

I just need to scroll down to the bottom. When I do so, it actually does not cut out the time at the top, as you have some padding there.

Very happy. Now to rate it!

Great stuff - looks good.

If you make the tweets customizable, you should force a hashtag that cannot be changed, so you can easily get an idea of how much its going to be used over the summer.

Also, I see its not possible to log out of twitter on the App. You might want to include this option in the next release.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

For anyone receiving the following error when installing from the market:
    Installation error
    Package file was not signed correctly

You need to uninstall the non-market version of the app and then restart your phone.

Yeah you need to uninstall the app I shared with the QR code! Didn't need to restart my phone but that might be different with other devices.
    Colm R wrote: »
    Also, I see its not possible to log out of twitter on the App. You might want to include this option in the next release.

The twitter component should ask you to authorize it once. Then when you tweet it opens a connection to twitter, tweets, and disconnects again. It shouldn't be leaving you logged in.

I checked on my browser there. Logged out, tweeted with the app, refreshed browser and was still logged out.

• Advertisement

The twitter component should ask you to authorize it once. Then when you tweet it opens a connection to twitter, tweets, and disconnects again. It shouldn't be leaving you logged in.

I checked on my browser there. Logged out, tweeted with the app, refreshed browser and was still logged out.

Sorry - is there a way to switch accounts. As in, I set it up with my twitter account. But would prefer to tweet with the club twitter account at a match.

Yes go to the twitter website and go to Settings > Applications > GAA Scoreboard: Revoke Access .

When you open the app again it'll ask you to setup twitter again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2BT

Hi,

I was just wondering if there will be an iphone version of the App at any stage?

Not sure if anyone seen but I launched a live update page for the Dublin SFC at the weekend and covered 6 games myself with score by score action on Twitter. I have also created a Dublin SHC one which will launch tomorrow. I have up to 10 different people who will update me or a friend via SMS and I will then have to manually copy and paste the texts across to Twitter before posting or if the other lad is at home he will upload via TweetDeck.

This app could prove very helpful and might encourage people to cover games for us who use apps but might not be all that familiar with Twitter and how it works. In just 48hrs I already have over 250 people following the results accounts and after tomorrow nights games and some plugs (Retweets) from Dublin Inter County lads I know, I expect that to grow and grow this week. I would be quite happy to promote the app both before and after games on the Updates page if there were an iphone version i.e todays score updates were provided to you using GAA Scoreboard App etc..........

For anyone who wants to check out the Score Updates Pages they are:

@DublinSFC_2011
    #DublinSFC
    http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23dublinsfc

@DublinSHC_2011
    #DublinSHC
    http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23dublinshc

Let me know what you think.
    Thanks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

2BT wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering if there will be an iphone version of the App at any stage?

Not sure if anyone seen but I launched a live update page for the Dublin SFC at the weekend and covered 6 games myself with score by score action on Twitter. I have also created a Dublin SHC one which will launch tomorrow. I have up to 10 different people who will update me or a friend via SMS and I will then have to manually copy and paste the texts across to Twitter before posting or if the other lad is at home he will upload via TweetDesk.

This app could prove very helpful and might encourage people to cover games for us who use apps but might not be all that familiar with Twitter and how it works. In just 48hrs I already have over 250 people following the results accounts and after tomorrow nights games and some plugs (Retweets) from Dublin Inter County lads I know, I expect that to grow and grow this week. I would be quite happy to promote the app both before and after games on the Updates page if there were an iphone version i.e todays score updates were provided to you using GAA Scoreboard App etc..........

For anyone who wants to check out the Score Updates Pages they are:

@DublinSFC_2011
    #DublinSFC
    http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23dublinsfc

@DublinSHC_2011
    #DublinSHC
    http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23dublinshc

Let me know what you think.
    Thanks.....
    Did you just set those up on your own accord.

closeline wrote: »
    Did you just set those up on your own accord.

Yes. I was attending 6 Championship games at the weekend so i thought i would give it a bash. Every Tweet you see is mine. Why do you ask?

Seems to be a bit of interest so i said i would see if i could develope it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

2BT wrote: »
    Yes. I was attending 6 Championship games at the weekend so i thought i would give it a bash. Every Tweet you see is mine. Why do you ask?

Seems to be a bit of interest so i said i would see if i could develope it.
    Thought you might have been asked by the county board or something. Might do the same club in hurling and football in Cork. But i would include intermediate aswell. i dont think there is any page set up for it.

closeline wrote: »
    Thought you might have been asked by the county board or something. Might do the same club in hurling and football in Cork. But i would include intermediate aswell. i dont think there is any page set up for it.

No, just did it off my own bat. Will see how it works for just Senior at the moment and then go onto Intermediate if the interest is there and the help. Need plenty of help and to do it right there is a bit of work in it. I would rather cover Senior well than half arse both Senior and Inter. To be honest it is something the county board should look at.

I have a few other ideas to develope it too if it catches on which could make it work very well. In the meantime the Scoreboard App would be a great addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,423 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got it working now thanks very much. Will rate it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭patmac

Hi Joe,
    Will I mention this on the Hogan Stand?
    Pat

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Hi Joe,
    Will I mention this on the Hogan Stand?
    Pat

I'd also suggest dropping an email to some journalists in local papers around the country. Many papers just print results without giving match reports. You might find journalists might lean on local club members to start using this.

Papers like the Evening Echo might be interested.

Might be time to go and reserve yourself a URL, such as www.gaascores.com.

Advertisement