Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Scoreboard App

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Sorry I haven't progressed this recently, been busy with other stuff.

Few people asking how to leave the app without loosing the game... try pressing the Home key instead of the Back key. Then to return to the app hold down the home key to get recent apps and reload from there. If you restart via the normal icon it'll reset. I'll try work on this for future updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

foto joe wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't progressed this recently, been busy with other stuff.

Few people asking how to leave the app without loosing the game... try pressing the Home key instead of the Back key. Then to return to the app hold down the home key to get recent apps and reload from there. If you restart via the normal icon it'll reset. I'll try work on this for future updates.

It may be an idea to have a notification bar icon with the time running on it. Not only useful for checking the gametime and score, but will also stop task managers from closing the app while you are out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭aidz

Again, this app has made tweeting games a joy...can't compliment it enough..
    with the ease of use, tweeting has become a doddle and have used it more hence greater positive feedback from our followers.

the default decription of "current score at the match...."
    how about shortening that to "latest score..." etc and with the extra text space available could it be possible to have an add on for twitter of about 20 characters so you could add details of a score to the text of the update eg. "goal from j murphy" ??

Hey all,

I've most of the updates ready now and have the new PRO edition of the app online. It costs €2.85. The free edition will still be available, the pro edition has the following added features;
    • Score times for each score by both teams.
    • Edit Tweets before sending.
    • Add Location (optional and gets included into tweets)
    • Extra match time options.
    • Coming soon: Graphical stats. Bit buggy so not including it yet.

device_setup.pngscreen_main.pngedit_1.png

DOWNLOAD HERE

(or search on your Market App)

Feedback welcome if you've any problems. Any positive comments and ratings would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭shmeee

Top class Joe, just purchased there...

I can't seem to open the location box Joe to input location, any ideas why?

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »

I can't seem to open the location box Joe to input location, any ideas why?

Did you tick the box to enable the location option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mossie

I have the same problem and I can't see any tickbox for location.

There is no box to tick?...

The location box is there but can't open it to write in...

Hmn that's odd, there should be a tick box like in the screenshot (when you tick the box the location field becomes enabled;

matchsetup_1.png

I'll change it so that if anything is entered in location at all, it'll take the location option to be enabled. When I get the update online I'll let ya know here.

Joe

Update done and Location should work now. If anything is type into the Location field, it'll modify the tweets to include location. You can also leave it blank if you prefer.

device_setup.png

To update, search the app again on the market and it should present you with an Update (to 1.2).

Let me know how it goes! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

I know you mentioned facebook integration being more difficult.

Any ideas if you will get this into the product?

This can be done using the Twitter Facebook app. Then your tweets also get posted on your facebook profile or page.

I had tried this before with no joy but just tried it and seems to be working perfectly now. :)

Give it a go here: http://apps.facebook.com/twitter/
    (And let us know how you get on)

I'll look into doing this more directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Well done...€2.85 Bit costly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

closeline wrote: »

Its less then a pint and will last a lot longer & be a lot more useful.
    The app isnt exact simple to make either

I'm a jobless student! I get €2 of that after Google take their share. If it was an app with global appeal I'd have made it cheaper as it might get more downloads but the GAA supporting Android using market is relatively small.

There's a lot of hours gone into this so it'd be nice to at least make back the €25 it cost to register as a developer to upload to the Market! If you don't think it's worth the €2.85, the free version will still be available (renamed GAA Scoreboard Lite).

The Chin, I dont drink so I wouldnt look at it that way.
    Foto joe, i suppose you would want to be getting something out of it, especially after putting in money to it. You will have no problem making the €25 euro back. Have many bought it yet?? Have you set up an iPhone version?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

This can be done using the Twitter Facebook app. Then your tweets also get posted on your facebook profile or page.

I had tried this before with no joy but just tried it and seems to be working perfectly now. :)

Give it a go here: http://apps.facebook.com/twitter/
    (And let us know how you get on)

I'll look into doing this more directly.

I have twitter set up to pull off Facebook so I don't want it to go into a loop. I'll try and test it when I get the chance.

Cheers

The Chin, I dont drink so I wouldnt look at it that way.
    Foto joe, i suppose you would want to be getting something out of it, especially after putting in money to it. You will have no problem making the €25 euro back. Have many bought it yet?? Have you set up an iPhone version?

6 purchases so far, thank you to those six! So haven't broken even yet. :)

Doing an iPhone app would require ~€100 to register as iPhone developer. Would also have to invest in a mac and have to put the hours into building it in their system. I'd be happy to learn some iPhone development but the pro Android version would need to do really well to pay for it first.

6 purchases so far, thank you to those six! So haven't broken even yet. :)

Doing an iPhone app would require ~€100 to register as iPhone developer. Would also have to invest in a mac and have to put the hours into building it in their system. I'd be happy to learn some iPhone development but the pro Android version would need to do really well to pay for it first.

Got the location working now in the update Joe, spot on, thanks!....

Great update... Will be getting a going over at the weekend...

Let us know how you get on... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭aidz

good man joe.
    was very impressed with the inital app so though it only fair i purchased your latest one.
    will be trying it out this weekend and come back with comment on it. thanks for heeding the tips and putting them in place in regard to the edit of tweets.. should be uselful...

shmeee wrote: »
    Got the location working now in the update Joe, spot on, thanks!....

Great update... Will be getting a going over at the weekend...

Worked very well at the weekend for me...

The edit tweet function is a great bonus and was used to inform of who scored the goals and injuries etc...

I somehow managed to exit the app at one stage and had to reload again, but lucky this was at half time so was easy to just get to the start of the second half again...

The pro version is def recommend to everyone!..

The app got a nice mention in the Irish Times today! :)

Irish_Times___Android___750.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Saw the article in today's Irish Times Joe, great timing (I'm assuming you're a Glen man?) Anyway downloaded the app and it's cool, a must for anyone with an interest in club football I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Hi foto joe,

Having done iPhone programming in my final year in college (finished this year), I had a very similar idea for an app, however I never really got a start on it, so fair play on getting there before me! :P Anyways, I'm sure you'll be inundated with offers after appearing in today's Times, but if you were interested in doing an iPhone version I'd be happy to look at the possibilities in porting to the iPhone platform, I myself am a registered iPhone Developer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Clan

Tested out the free version at a challenge game the other night for the craic and had a great response from the lads over seas following it on Twitter. Upgraded to the Pro version used it again today. Its great, love it! However when your team is getting beat, its hard to keep up the Tweets! But I don't suppose Joe can do anything about that! Well done lad, its a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Purchased this app today as i loved the lite version of it, but was charged 3 times for it. Anything i can do to get two refunds back?

Carroller wrote: »
    Purchased this app today as i loved the lite version of it, but was charged 3 times for it. Anything i can do to get two refunds back?

Hi,

I logged in to check this out. I can see a cancelled payment from yesterday evening and three payments today - 2 of which were cancelled and the last one seems to have gone through.

The reason for the cancel is showing as "Reason: Other (describe below)

Message sent to customer: Order canceled due to internal error in Market."

And it said it didn't charge. You sure payment went out for it? There might be a delay on market refunds if it requires a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I was using a prepaid credit card and didn't have funds yesterday! I have 2 declined payments from today and 3 payment confirmation emails too but could just be a matter of waiting for it to go back on.

apart from all that great app :)

• Advertisement

Is it possible to have 2 twitter accounts set up?

Advertisement