Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Scoreboard App

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

foto joe, can you answer this. I am using the free version at the moment. No credit to get the better version. I am trying to set up the twitter and it aint working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Carroller wrote: »
    I was using a prepaid credit card and didn't have funds yesterday! I have 2 declined payments from today and 3 payment confirmation emails too but could just be a matter of waiting for it to go back on.

apart from all that great app :)

Hope the payment problems resolved themselves... that's purely with Android market, the app developers have no involvement there.
    closeline wrote: »
    Is it possible to have 2 twitter accounts set up?

No it's really just for use with one account. To re-register the twitter client, log into the twitter website and remove GAA Scoreboard from your apps.

foto joe wrote: »
    Hope the payment problems resolved themselves... that's purely with Android market, the app developers have no involvement there.

No it's really just for use with one account. To re-register the twitter client, log into the twitter website and remove GAA Scoreboard from your apps.
    I may have put it wrongly. But I had the GAA Scoreboard App under one twitter account. Can I change that to another account now?? Is that how I do it by loging onto twitter??

Yes go to Twitter.com
    > Settings (top right dropdown under your name)
    > Applications

and revoke access for the GAA Scoreboard

app.gif

Now if you restart your app on the phone it'll not allow it to connect to twitter and will offer to setup your twitter link again.

I did this already...I revoked the app...Then I reinstalled the app and tried to log in under another twitter account and the same thing is still happening unfortunately.. :(

• Advertisement

After several attempts I have not been able to get it working. Is it because I use 3 different twitter accounts on the phone. I revoked the app in one of those accounts but was still unable to work it. I am thinking about getting the better version that costs money. Would I get the money back if it doesnt work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

hi joe

excellent app, used it recently for first time and handier to use than I thought it would be tbh.

I'm having a problem linking it to twitter tho, tried it on both free and paid versions but when i approve it it goes to next page and just sits there....phone is a SE xperia 8

Close out of the app and restart it.... has the twitter setup now?

Another thing is check you have an active data connection before setting up the twitter link.

Another thing is check you have an active data connection before setting up the twitter link.

No when I go back in again I get the 'set up twitter 'button .....and yes I have internet connections :tried it both via wifi and mobile internet

How do you mean close out the app. Id say I have uninstalled the app and then downloaded it again about 5 times...and no joy still..

• Advertisement

Can anyone sort this out for me. When I click "Authorise App" the screen goes white and stays the same way. Could it be something to do with my data connection. My internet doesnt work properly sometimes especially on twitter. What should I have on/off to make sure the internet is working 100%?

Can anyone sort this out for me. When I click "Authorise App" the screen goes white and stays the same way. Could it be something to do with my data connection. My internet doesnt work properly sometimes especially on twitter. What should I have on/off to make sure the internet is working 100%?
    No close line that's exactly what's happening me. I've tried it many times both using 3g and different strong wifi connections and at this stage I'm comfortable its not a data connection issue. Out of curiosity what fone are you using?

No close line that's exactly what's happening me. I've tried it many times both using 3g and different strong wifi connections and at this stage I'm comfortable its not a data connection issue. Out of curiosity what fone are you using?

I am using a Samsung Europa and no luck at all with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dougal McGuire

any chance that this app could be developed for Blackberry phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dougal McGuire

any chance that this app could be developed for Blackberry phones?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

Something similar here .... but with this a club can update not only results but fixtures training etc. has anyone tried it out?
    heres the links from another thread .... either search for zomboclub on the stores or follow these links

for android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mllLnpvbWJvIl0

for iphone
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombo...8156?ls=1&mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Is there anyway to post from this app to facebook?

Charlesh, those link's aint working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Charlesh, does link's aint working

Search "zomboclub" in the market and it comes up

Aprils Fools

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

Appologies for the lack of support for this, I've been very busy doing my masters and supervising labs. Hope to have more time now in the coming months and I'll try dedicate a few hours a week to this.

I hope to rebuild it from scratch, as it was made using Google's app inventor and a lot of the suggested additions simple aren't possible with app inventor. Thanks for all the suggestions - I'll have a good read through the thread before recoding the app. ;)

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Hi Joe

Not sure if anyone else has raised it, but is it possible to have the app running in the background (e.g. 'pausing' it during half-time) while allowing you to use other apps at the same time?

Yeah that was one of the things I was restricted with using the App Inventor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Cool, would be great if it could be sorted, at least on the Pro version.

Yeah I might actually just have a single fully-featured free version, the Pro version isn't bringing in much. I'd rather have increased numbers on the free one... would look well when applying for development jobs soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

J o e wrote: »
    Yeah I might actually just have a single fully-featured free version, the Pro version isn't bringing in much. I'd rather have increased numbers on the free one... would look well when applying for development jobs soon.

Actually they won't care what the numbers are on an app you've done, just that you can demonstrate some experience on the platform and also with publishing an app. Showing them that you've also published a paid app would be more of a bonus than a free app with high numbers.

Joe, welcome back. Will free version remain the same or what

J o e wrote: »
    I didn't know there was a paid version. Just purchased. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

Charlesh, those link's aint working

your right - sorry heres the link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.zombo

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zomboclub/id511668156?mt=8

can you try again?

• Advertisement

looder wrote: »
    Is there anyway to post from this app to facebook?
    I got it to post to fb. Is there anyway to get it to post to a fb fan page?

Cheers.

Advertisement