Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Response Unit at Travelodge

Options
  • 05-05-2011 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Passed by the Travel Lodge about 1ish and seen 2 Armed Response Units and a Squad Car outside, the Garda had the boot of a Black Passat I think it was open and were searching around it, anyone hear of anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I am a very nosy neighbour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Routine Road Tax pull 2011 style, he said his licence was in the boot. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Probably because some of Galway's citizens have become very concerned about being asked for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

What the jasus is up with people coming on here everytime they see something going on in galway?!

Hey anyone see that ambulance going down the road today? Hey anyone see that accident? Anyone see that fire truck? Would ya ever fu*k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

sentient_6 wrote: »
    What the jasus is up with people coming on here everytime they see something going on in galway?!

Hey anyone see that ambulance going down the road today? Hey anyone see that accident? Anyone see that fire truck? Would ya every fu*k off.
    i did see the ambulance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

Sentient_6, go troll somewhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

i did see the ambulance.

I saw a red car....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

I saw a red car....

I saw your Ma

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I saw two ducks outside Supermacs around 9.10 tonight. Seriously!!
    Just as well the Chinese up the road is closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭blacktalons

www.advertiser.ie/.../man-abducted-and-subjected-to-horrific-assault-in- menlo-shed-jury-hears. might be connected to this :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

I saw two ducks outside Supermacs around 9.10 tonight. Seriously!!
    Just as well the Chinese up the road is closed down.

We'll soon be infested by the ducks, and they'll start to take the Swans jobs & dole.

Bleeding the system dry those ducks!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

must be those damn dubs again. down for a weekend of crime:D gilberto eire will be able to confirm this;)

Sentient_6, go troll somewhere else

How about a more civilized response then:

1. Wat do you think anyone on here is going to tell you?

2. What business is it of yours anyway?

I just dont get these threads. & there's loads of them. Had a look there & in 5 minutes i found 'whats that smell of burning', 'what are those sirens', & two threads wondering what the helicopters where about. :confused:

i made an observation and asked a question, human nature, fair play for replying, i'd say sarcasim would be one of your strong points. your a funny guy/girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

I just dont get these threads. & there's loads of them. Had a look there & in 5 minutes i found 'whats that smell of burning', 'what are those sirens', & two threads wondering what the helicopters where about. :confused:

are you the owner of the passat? ;)

mink_man wrote: »
    are you the owner of the passat? ;)

:pac:

Whoever it was, was a very naughty boy I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

nelly17 wrote: »
    I saw your Ma

I've often wondered how people with very few posts know about the boards phenomenon that is "your Ma/yore Ma".

Seriously, is it now listed in the "Things you need to know" section upon registration?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Next time stop and ask them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

What business of yours is it that the OP is curious about an incident involving the armed response unit????
    If you don't like this type of thread then simply don't read it!!!
    There are a multitude of threads left that you can still read.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

in fairness there are a lot of threads here with 'I saw a fire engine with sirens on yesterday, what happened?' or 'why was there a man lying unconscious in Eyre yesterday?' . Do you expect the emergency services to come on here and tell you what happened for your entertainment?

does so little happen in Galway that people wonder aloud about such things?

For my entetainment?? Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Of the 20 threads on the front page of the Galway City Forum this morning this is the only one that is asking about something that happened............

This means there are plenty others that posters can read and skip over this one.

I read this one because I was interested to see was there an armed response unit and why?? I don't read the ones that don't interest me and I certainly don't swan into a thread lauding those who have set it up:(

if your not interested in this one thread, by all means have a read of the other 19 that are there or even start one of your own!!!!!

If I wanted entertainment i'd go to the pub/cinema/sports event. My idea of entertainment isn't having to pass a building on my way to work which has 5/7 heavily armed gardai in bullet proof vests detaining a couple of men and their viechle. I asked a question, if it bothers you that much then I apologise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

A mate of mine was actually walking past the travelodge when this happened and witnessed the whole thing.

Apparently the car was pulled over for a traffic cop for speeding. When the gaurd asked the driver was it his car the man admitted it was stolen. The gaurd called for back-up and in the meantime asked the man for his license, the man said it was in the glove compartment where there was also a gun. The gaurd immediately called for the armed response unit.

The man was removed from the car by the gaurd and told to open the boot, but he said there was a body in it. The gaurd got straight on the radio and called for the forensics.

Anyway in a matter of minutes there was paddywagons, squad cars, forensics and armed response units surrounding the place. When they looked in the car they couldn't find the body or gun, and established that the man did actually own the car.

The superintendant went over and said to the driver, "My officer told me you had stolen this car, had a gun in the glove compartment and a body in the boot?" To which the driver replied, "He probably told you I was speeding as well!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

nice one reillyman more of that on a friday please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Totally agree with Sentient_6 on this.

I saw the ERU last night at Topaz on the Bridge.
    Was going to ask them straight up for some info on their days work,just so i could report it here...

Btw,they like tea & coffee from Topaz.Oh and refuelling their nice car. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Reillyman wrote: »
    A mate of mine was actually walking past the travelodge when this happened and witnessed the whole thing.

Apparently the car was pulled over for a traffic cop for speeding. When the gaurd asked the driver was it his car the man admitted it was stolen. The gaurd called for back-up and in the meantime asked the man for his license, the man said it was in the glove compartment where there was also a gun. The gaurd immediately called for the armed response unit.

The man was removed from the car by the gaurd and told to open the boot, but he said there was a body in it. The gaurd got straight on the radio and called for the forensics.

Anyway in a matter of minutes there was paddywagons, squad cars, forensics and armed response units surrounding the place. When they looked in the car they couldn't find the body or gun, and established that the man did actually own the car.

The superintendant went over and said to the driver, "My officer told me you had stolen this car, had a gun in the glove compartment and a body in the boot?" To which the driver replied, "He probably told you I was speeding as well!"

Bravo sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

Reillyman wrote: »

TOP DRAWER SIR!!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

An oldie but a goodie

Advertisement