Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apparantly Lavera milk and honey lotion is vegan???

Options
  • 05-05-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey

I'm on a mission to switch all the products I use to ethical vegan products. Lavera seems really good but while I was looking at their website I came across their milk and honey body lotion that was listed as vegan! This worried me as surely a company like that should know that milk and honey does not make a product vegan! They also had the vegan sunflower logo beside the product.

Has anyone else come across this or use their products?

I was hoping to use companies that only produce ethical vegan products but it seems to be getting harder and harder the more I do research!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'm guessing this is the product you're referring to?

That's mad. They specifically state that the product is vegan, then list Milk and Honey in the ingredients. Must be a mistake on their part, though the list the body gel version of vegan too... maybe if you contacted them they might correct it?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

I sent them an email asking them to clarify this as I'm really interested in buying their products! Will post the reply here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Do, I'm curious about what they have to say about it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My initial assumption when I seen the title was that it doesn't contain actual milk or honey

After lookign at the ingreduient list, it appears they mixed up vegan with organic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I'd presume it's just an error on the website. Their products (on real life shelves) are labelled correctly. It's a bit like how the Tesco website were labelling meat and fish products are vegetarian (though it should be changed by now).

Don't panic! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement