Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Google Maps confused?

Options
  • 05-05-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

I have to get to Kilkenny this evening. Being a great believer in technology, I peruse Google Maps to plan my route (from Dublin).

All looks great. Take M9 to the end, and then turn off on to the M10 at what looks like a big interchange. Only then I realise there are two M10s. Each going in vaguely the same direction (Kilkenny) but then diverge. And when I look at the satellite map, it seems to suggest that the newer N10, the one from the interchange on the N9, doesn't seem to be built yet. There's just a yellow line superimposed over the satellite photograph.

A book of maps I have is out of date. It doesn't show the motorway at all but I see from it that the N9 and N10 used to diverge at Paulstown.

Is the Google maps satelllite shot out of date? Have the new roads been built? Are there now two N10s? What's the best way to get on to the old one (the one from Paulstown) if you are coming down the Motorway?

Sorry for sounding confused but I suspect it's a mistake on Google Map's part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

New roads are built, keep on the M9 until you see a sign for Kilkenny after the Paulstown junction and follow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

The satellite/air image is out of date, but the actual map is correct. You will be using that road that wasn't built yet at the time of the photograph. You can't miss it anyway, the signage is very good on the motorway.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

It's exit 8 you need to take and that will deliver you to within 200 metres of the ring road, can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Great stuff. Many thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Google wrong! Pah..... if they put a line on the map, a road appears at that location, didn't you know that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Licksy wrote: »
    It's exit 8 you need to take and that will deliver you to within 200 metres of the ring road, can't go wrong!
    Unless you're Captain Havoc on a bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Unless you're Captain Havoc on a bike.

wha'?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Licksy made the point that one can't go wrong at the link road / roundabout interchange, and I engaged my cutting wit and implied that you are the exception to this statement.

It's an hilarious, albiet oblique reference to the motorway link road thread in this forum where a few days ago you complained about how easy it is to get confused on a bicycle at the interchange due to the sub-standard road signage.

Unfortunately, explaining jokes removes all traces of humour, making them anti-jokes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

My work here is done

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

50281_257475528171_2699890_n.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement