Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lahinch - Ocean View Park any good ?

• 05-05-2011 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Has anybody stayed in Ocean View Park in Lahinch in a motorhome or caravan ?

There are some not-so-great mentions of it in the forum, but are a few years old.
    Has anybody stayed there lately ?

We (myself, my wife and my 18 month old daughter) were thinking of staying for a week in the summer in our Motorhome but would like some opinions first.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

A snap from my other thread
    We headed down to Lehinch from there and stayed in Ocean View Park. To be honest it was a bit of a kip.
    The whole park was on a slope, and no attempt to have the bays level at all. Even the guys with the ramps weren't high enough. There were only two toilets and two showers and they were smelly. The chemical toilet was an AJ into the sewer line. The bins were locked with hours between 9 and 6. Even during that time we couldn't get to dump our rubbish. I wouldn't recommend this park at all.

There's a bank of bays in the middle of the park, and its all concrete so if you get one there, you'll have no grass for the little'un to play on. The place has hundreds of mobile homes, and really appears to be dedicated to that market. It almost as if they had an empty bit of space and decided to bung in a couple of camper sites for a bit of extra revenue.

There is a shop and a pub on site, but the pub is very butlins / trabolgan esque. No atmosphere in it really.

tbh, the bins nonsense and poxy toilets with no hot water was a bit much after one night, I think you'd really end up hating it with a passion by the end of the week.

€25 flat rate charge for the night and it wasn't great value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

Would agree with previos reply as regards a week long stayover,
    We (wife and I without the kids) got away for a night last summer and stayed there, had a great time in Lahinch and found all the staff at the park freindly and helpfull.

A site we stay at when in Clare is O,Connors in Doolin..near fanore Beach
    (great safe and clean beach) cliffs of Moher , Aran islands etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

I would never stay there again..

Stay in Nagles as it is a top class park..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

jayus we are Turing into the Nagles appreciation blogers
    think its time some one sorted out a discount for us :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

jayus we are Turing into the Nagles appreciation blogers
    think its time some one sorted out a discount for us :o

I vote IrishGoatMan takes charge of this, since he has so much silly time on their hands.

Besides, it is actually a nice place, and Ocean View is a kip.

Be ready for the hills between Doolin and Lahinch. There isn't a sign saying no Caravans or buses for a reason.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement