Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't receive calls or texts after porting to Just Mobile

Options
  • 05-05-2011 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Ported from Vodafone prepay 2 days ago. Can send texts and make calls but can't receive texts or calls. Still not resolved.

Has anyone had similar problems with JustMobile?
    Have called Vodafone have been told everything completely closed from their side( although had a feeling they would say this).

Seems to be no urgency on their side, IT dept only work 9-5 apparently!! Must be the only IT dept in the country working these hrs!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

they're probably off having the banter after 5pm :rolleyes:

can't help you OP, i just saw their site and that made me cringe.

ports can be problematic at times but i've never seen an issue like this still outstanding after 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

tweety76 wrote: »
    Ported from Vodafone prepay 2 days ago. Can send texts and make calls but can't receive texts or calls. Still not resolved.

Has anyone had similar problems with JustMobile?
    Have called Vodafone have been told everything completely closed from their side( although had a feeling they would say this).

Seems to be no urgency on their side, IT dept only work 9-5 apparently!! Must be the only IT dept in the country working these hrs!!

Did you get sorted out okay with them? I was thinking of porting from vodafone but if its gonna be hassle I'll not bother. Only been with vodafone a month and had a sickener of them already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

I "ported" at 20:30 yesterday. Now it's 22:17 so it's almost 26 hrs. I'm moving from O2 to just mobile and I'm attracted to the free calls and texts for 18euros/month.
    I mailed the just mobile support number there this morning at ten when I still hadnt switched. In fairness the support team called me quickly and said everythings done from their end. But she told me I could have no service "for a day or more" which did seem odd to me.
    As things stand at present I have my O2 sim in and can receive calls and texts but I'm unable to make calls or texts. My just mobile sim is totally inactive. I've ported around loads of times and never had this problem before.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

Keep us posted how you get on. I was going to port yesterday but it was afternoon by time i could get new simpack so i decided to wait until monday for that very reason you experience.... a disruption in service. I ported from meteor to vodafone approx 6 weeks ago at approx 2pm and it took until midday the next day to have it fully working. I mean how hard can it bloody be!!!

Twatter wrote: »
    I mean how hard can it bloody be!!!

My thoughts exactly. I'll let you know what happens

• Advertisement

Well lads,

Just to follow up and let you know I finally got ported. The port completed at 6pm today (Sunday), so thats almost 48Hrs to port, probably 'cos I chose to do it a weekend - a mistake I wont make again.

I was reading on another thread that Just Mobile don't allow carry over of unused credit month on month. This is really strange and I didn't realize that till now. So I'll probably be porting to Tesco tomorrow morning!

JM market themselves as offering free calls and texts for 18E/mth. However, after talking to the girl on the phone, I was told its actually 250mins and 250txt. Then the credit I put on the card is taken at the end of the month, even if I don't use a cent of it - I had a plan to used the 250mins one month and the money the next, and would in effect get 2 months from 18E but thats not the case I'm afraid.

Tesco mobile would give me 20E for the price of a 10E top up so I'll head over there tomorrow.

Sorry, but JM are just a little too sneaky with their terms IMOH.

Regards
    Torrentum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Not to mention the crap dial up speeds using data on just mobile its painfully slow even over the 3G network its actually limited to 70kbps which is a 7kilobyte download speed not very good IMO !!

Advertisement