Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing & Management

Options
  • 05-05-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Thinking about doing this course, any thoughts on it? Whats the workload like? What kind of job can you get afterwards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

hearscheme wrote: »
    Thinking about doing this course, any thoughts on it? Whats the workload like? What kind of job can you get afterwards?
    Im in 2nd year of m+m at the moment and would definately reccommend you to do it.
    First year is fairly handy, you do 6 subjects in each year with economics, marketing and management and enterprise development the 3 most difficult subjects by far in 1st year.
    2nd year is much more difficult with plenty of projects and presentations to do throughout the year.
    The course gives graduates an opportunity to seek employment across various fields at executive level including: Marketing, Strategic Management,Exporting, Sales, Public Relations, Advertising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭7Tdriver

My head is about to blow. I completed a Retail Management and HR FETAC level 5 course and now have been offered Marketing & Management level 6 fetac from which I can proceed to 2nd year of Marketing & Management in LIT.

But what is Marketing & Managemnt is it similar to Retail Management could I get a job as a shop manager after completing a Markteing & Management course. I am torn between thi course and A retail coure in WIT but WIT would mean wuiting my job and moving to Waterford and then trying to find a job somehow.

How is the job market fot graduets?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭velvet1989

yeah 2nd years this year were lucky they changed the whole course for ye....the year before i was in 2nd year and 45 out of a class of 95 failed we had no projects no continuous assesment it was a joke. but yeah since they changed it its good

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

ormond lad wrote: »
    Im in 2nd year of m+m at the moment and would definately reccommend you to do it.
    First year is fairly handy, you do 6 subjects in each year with economics, marketing and management and enterprise development the 3 most difficult subjects by far in 1st year.
    2nd year is much more difficult with plenty of projects and presentations to do throughout the year.
    The course gives graduates an opportunity to seek employment across various fields at executive level including: Marketing, Strategic Management,Exporting, Sales, Public Relations, Advertising

I'm in the same course. I was wondering have you the law summer paper?

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    I'm in the same course. I was wondering have you the law summer paper?
    topics for each question were:

patents

law of agency

misrepresentation innocent and fraudulent, difference between condition and warranty

nature of hire purchase, consumer credit act 1995

section 14 combined acts(sale of goods act 1893, sale of goods act 1980)
    section 21 sale of goods act 1893

provisions regard to directors in companies act 1963, 1990, 1999

• Advertisement

topics for each question were:

patents

law of agency

misrepresentation innocent and fraudulent, difference between condition and warranty

nature of hire purchase, consumer credit act 1995

section 14 combined acts(sale of goods act 1893, sale of goods act 1980)
    section 21 sale of goods act 1893

provisions regard to directors in companies act 1963, 1990, 1999

Cheers.

Did he say what topics would be covered in the repeats?

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Cheers.

Did he say what topics would be covered in the repeats?
    some people said the repeat also covers the topics done before xmas but no one is sure and he didnt reply to anyones emails

some people said the repeat also covers the topics done before xmas but no one is sure and he didnt reply to anyones emails

Ya tried emailing him a few times myself but no luck,feck him anyways. Nearly sure he said all the stuff before xmas was covered in the repeats.

You repeating any yourself?

Advertisement