Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phonebook transfer garmin / blackberry?

Options
  • 05-05-2011 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi all, dont know if this has been asked before but is it possible to transfer my contact list handsfree from a blackberry curve to a garmin nuvi 1410.
    the phone is connected by bluetooth ok i just dont see my phone book on the garmin.
    thanks in advance for any info that may come
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

saltcoats wrote: »
    Hi all, dont know if this has been asked before but is it possible to transfer my contact list handsfree from a blackberry curve to a garmin nuvi 1410. the phone is connected by bluetooth ok i just dont see my phone book on the garmin. thanks in advance for any info that may come
    cheers

I've the 1490 [same unit] and my phone book will load occasionally. You may find some other reports on the US Garmin forum, there is seemingly no cure.

Garmin tech advise the update to the latest firmware. Then do a total reset by holding the top right hand corner of the screen [soft button hidden] so the unit does a reset [you lose personal info like home etc].

Now this always works the first time: problem is once the phone is disconnected it's pot luck if the phone book appears thereafter at all.

I've an open support ticket with Garmin on the subject, no permanent resolution at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pflanagan132

Thanks gbee. Garmin blame Samsung and vice versa. No satisfaction from either party or the retailer.
    I believe it is a Garmin fault rather than the phone, but how do we fix it?

Advertisement