Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone with Headset and Mute Option

Options
  • 05-05-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

I work from home and can't get a landline to my house (not enough connections on poles :rolleyes:). I've been trying to use a softphone through my fixed wireless broadband connection (2MB up, 1MB down) but it's very flaky and often drops my calls. (All calls are placed through an online meeting centre so they don't cost me. Also, most calls would be to either Canada or USA.)

I have resorted to using my mobile phone (Nokia E52, which I hate) for conference calls. This isn't a solution that works well because I have to hold the phone to my ear and everyone on the call can hear every breath I take redface.gif

I've been meaning to buy a new mobile phone for personal use but would I be able to get a new mobile that I could use in my home office where:
    1. I could connect a headset and
    2. I could set the phone to mute mid call?

Does such a phone exist?

Alternatively, if I can't get such a mobile phone, would increasing my broadband package solve the issue with VOIP calls being dropped?

Thanks,
    FiveFingers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

depending where you live, better broadband would help.

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/voyager-510s?skuId=sku4610017

Would also suit your needs

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FiveFingers

Holy God! Have you seen the price of that device :eek:

I'm based in South Wexford. Permanet are my broadband supplier. They do offer a 3MB and 4MB package. I'd want to be 100% certain that it would solve my VOIP problem before I upgraded. Plus, I'm not sure if my company would pay for the extra broadband cost.

Hmm, maybe that device would work out better in the end.

Thanks!

Advertisement