Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After School Care Waterford

• 05-05-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,
    Hoping someone can give me an idea and cost of after school care in waterford. Specifically, does anyone know of any after school places that collect from either the Ursuline primary or St. John of Gods primary school and do after school care until collection after 5pm.
    Or is a childminder the better option? What kind of cost am I looking at and are childminders / chilcare facilities flexible on after school care. ie: if a child is sick and not attending, do you still have to pay?

Any information welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

what ages and how many children

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Keea

Hi Next,
    Its 1 child, age 5, starting school in september.

Hi Next
    Its 1 child, age 5, starting school in september.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

I'd say your looking at around 120 from a child minder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

next wrote: »
    I'd say your looking at around 120 from a child minder

I'm a childminder and that's excessive and no where close to the recent fee survey of voluntary and notified childminders in Waterford City and County.

The average would be about €5 per hour and would include a snack or meal.
    Most places charge if child doesn't attend due to illness or holidays. If someone is collect a child from school as part of a service then motor insurance is normally business class and should be checked.

One thing to consider is what arrangements you'll need when your child is off school due to mid-term, holidays, half-days and all the days off that she'll get.

• Advertisement

Thanks Deisemum. I'll have to look into it further so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Do some child minders offer a service where they collect the child for you yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jay.i.am

Kidz Inc Creche,Templars Hall collect children from school as far as i know.
    Not sure of cost but i guess you would be talking about 15 per day.
    My own daughter has went here the last few years and is starting school in Sept so this could be an option for us too.
    Anyway here is the no 051 377066.Emer is the girl who runs it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Do some child minders offer a service where they collect the child for you yeah?

Most do. The Waterford City Childcare Committee has a list of all notified and voluntary notified childminders, creches including those that provide afterschool care - 051- 862444.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

deisemum wrote: »
    Most do. The Waterford City Childcare Committee has a list of all notified and voluntary notified childminders, creches including those that provide afterschool care - 051- 862444.

Right. Was just thinking it'd be difficult because you couldn't really collect from different schools unless they were finishing at diffent times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

Jenny Gallagher 'Little Explorers' operates an afterschool club.

She has a bus that collects from schools and bring back to afterschool club -
    she is based in 24 garranmore Dunmore road. (the housing estate opposite woodlands hotel) think its called farmleigh.

she has 3/4 staff and they are all lovely and great with the kids.

Advertisement