Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just mobile - data

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Does anybody use Just mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

JustinOval wrote: »
    Anyone using it? I see the free (1gb) period has been extended to June 30th.

http://www.justmobile.ie/why-us/surf-4-free

..is it Vodafone 2G or wha?

Cheers.

It's so slow as to be virtually unusable. Charge for it and give us decent speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Thanks.

I guess it is Vodafone GPRS then. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

I couldnt get that work. Trying to type Access Point Name (APN) : isp.justmobile.ie but still nothing happen.

According to their Facebook site, they won't be charging for data until the end of August now

In a séparate development, I persuaded them to send out SIMs without having to first obtain a top-up voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

culabula wrote: »
    According to their Facebook site, they won't be charging for data until the end of August now

In a séparate development, I persuaded them to send out SIMs without having to first obtain a top-up voucher.

Ooh how did you manage that? I would prefer them to do that than pay upfront.. just in case there were any problems with porting a number across!

Twatter wrote: »
    Ooh how did you manage that? I would prefer them to do that than pay upfront.. just in case there were any problems with porting a number across!

I mean I changed their policy -for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Three messed up my data (can't access) so I put in my justmobile chip into my LG-E900 Windows 7 phone, after setting the APN manualy to isp.justmobile.ie I am now a happy camper, with 3 G speed (at least in the areas I was) and a good performance at least when using e-mail/browsing.

Not bad for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

Three messed up my data (can't access) so I put in my justmobile chip into my LG-E900 Windows 7 phone, after setting the APN manualy to isp.justmobile.ie I am now a happy camper, with 3 G speed (at least in the areas I was) and a good performance at least when using e-mail/browsing.

Not bad for free.

I see on another thread that the credit doesn't carry forward from month to month - is this correct? so its more like a billpay lite or a simply plan?

I see on another thread that the credit doesn't carry forward from month to month - is this correct? so its more like a billpay lite or a simply plan?

My 20€ has been in situ since they launched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Not bad for free.

What icon do you have up on screen, G, H, 3G...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

What icon do you have up on screen, G, H, 3G...?

3G most of the times, I have seen H once in a while in some areas. Mostly I have 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Maybe you just didnt notice cause 3G,E,G is shown on Windows Phones while the data is on standby.

When its in use it will be 3.5+ or H beside the reception bar.

It would be hard for a user to notice as WP7 hides all the task bar icons except the clock to keep the UI clean of clutter.

You would probably only notice if you were having slow speeds and wanted to check the reception :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Please run speedtest.net and tell us results.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Please run speedtest.net and tell us results.

I think they said it was limited to 1MB. That was in the start. Not sure has it changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

My 20€ has been in situ since they launched.
    Was this the free €20 they gave away, or a €20 you topped up by? Can anyone else confirm that they still have their credit, because I was debating switching to them but the fact you only have month to use your credit put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

if you go on the free everything package, whatever isnt used of the €18 doestn carry forward is what their rep told me.

Hmm, 'just' trying out a SIM now but can only get GPRS data.... Not good.

Hmm, 'just' trying out a SIM now but can only get GPRS data.... Not good.

Yeah same here :) could barely get a 3G signal in my room (where as o2,meteor are fine) was gonna test the speed. But i was too lazy to step outside the house :D

Yeah same here :) could barely get a 3G signal in my room (where as o2,meteor are fine) was gonna test the speed. But i was too lazy to step outside the house :D

Yeah, Meteor is fine here too. I'm not sure if it is a coverage issue as I was about a bit today and had 3G voice up no problem, but zero data.

Can you get any traffic on H/3G?

• Advertisement

Yeah, Meteor is fine here too. I'm not sure if it is a coverage issue as I was about a bit today and had 3G voice up no problem, but zero data.

Can you get any traffic on H/3G?

Yeah the sign showed up for a while. Went on facebook app for a bit. But wasnt on it for too long :) Just popped it in cause Meteor sim wouldnt work in the Galaxy. Then crawled back to the Omnia :)

Im pretty happy with Meteor Coverage :) The current bill play lite plan does me well 1GB is better than 50MB a day. Always used to eat up the credit on pre pay if i went outside.

Edit: Just did a test there. had to put the phone up to get full coverage. So with full bars i got 262ms ping/60kbps dl speed and 69kbps up speed.

Which is shocking low

'Just' GPRS for me.

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

All,

I have the above phone

Model : I5500

It's android too

Contacted Just Mobile - they dont have the details

Got on to their internet detail providers : tweakker.com

They dont have the information, I have to install some app (go wifi)

Madness.

Anyone got the info so it is sent to my phone??

keithrus wrote: »
    All,

I have the above phone

Model : I5500

It's android too

Contacted Just Mobile - they dont have the details

Got on to their internet detail providers : tweakker.com

They dont have the information, I have to install some app (go wifi)

Madness.

Anyone got the info so it is sent to my phone??

What exactly do you need? Their APN is isp.justmobile.ie

Yes, that's what I used. Just set the name as above and leave the rest blank.

I gave up though, I called CS and they said there was lots of complaints about data speeds, they were due to call me back, but it didn't happen.

Too late now, gave the SIM away.

I gave up though, I called CS and they said there was lots of complaints about data speeds, they were due to call me back, but it didn't happen.

In fairness, they do clearly point out that data speeds will be restricted during this trial period and that hence, the facility is free of charge.

In fairness, they do clearly point out that data speeds will be restricted during this trial period and that hence, the facility is free of charge.

Yeah, I understand that, but if it's restricted to the point of being painful to use you have to wonder why they bothered.
    I did ask if there should be a 3G connection, albeit a throttled one, but they couldn't answer.
    I could live with a throttled/restricted 3G connection, but not with ~40k GPRS.

You know they have a place on their website on the very front page saying download your internet settings ;)

Worked like a charm on the Galaxy S.

Thats the problem with Samsung Phones. They dont supply software to pick up carrier data settings automatically. All HTC phones have that.

Omnia 7 is the only Samsung that has an app for doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

Got that bit sorted thanks culabula

Does anyone have a phone with gmail and google chat on it and if they had any problems after the network transfer?

Thanks

• Advertisement

keithrus wrote: »
    Got that bit sorted thanks culabula

Does anyone have a phone with gmail and google chat on it and if they had any problems after the network transfer?

Thanks

Yeah, I have an Android phone. Gmail worked fine, but very slowly. I don't use chat. What problems do you have?

Advertisement