Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just mobile - data

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

Yeah, I have an Android phone. Gmail worked fine, but very slowly. I don't use chat. What problems do you have?

When I turn on the phone it goes 'sign in error for <email address>'

Looking at the sync details it has a little red i symbol as if it cannot connect

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Did ask you to re-enter the password? Mine does every time I swap SIM cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

Did ask you to re-enter the password? Mine does every time I swap SIM cards.

Cheers Kenny, that would sure help. Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hmm, 'just' trying out a SIM now but can only get GPRS data.... Not good.

I have very good 3G here and its still as slow as GPRS they have the speed limited to dial up speeds.i wouldnt mind if it was limited to 50KB/s but 7KB/s is a bit of a joke.altough the data is free for now I hope they remove the limit when customers actually have to pay for data or not many people will stick with them.i'm on tesco mobile but am testing out just mobile on a spare phone.tesco is limited to 1.2Mb/s which is very good comapred to just mobile :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 roses22

I sent away for a free sim offer that was in the news of the world Sunday paper received it and they are going to put on 18 euro each month for 4 months i have made loads of calls and i am still on 16 euro its great and free data its fast enough to use facebook etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

roses22 wrote: »
    I sent away for a free sim offer that was in the news of the world Sunday paper received it and they are going to put on 18 euro each month for 4 months i have made loads of calls and i am still on 16 euro its great and free data its fast enough to use facebook etc

Oh missed that offer, which sunday was it on? i tried to port my number across to test it out for a few months but they couldn't even handle that properly so i didn't bother in the end.....woulda have taken another day of having no credit in my phone. I have a simcard now which i might just try out at some stage to test for data but conversation with them on phone yesterday did not instill any confidence in them!

to twatter - it was maybe 3 weeks ago i have it 2 weeks now and i am only half way through my minutes i use sim in a spare phone, i have a vodafone sim too, but i couldn't go wrong .. the customer care is brilliant i must say that, when you call them there is no press 1 for this 2 for that just straight through to a person and if they are busy they will call straight back :)

twatter - the intedrnet is very hit and miss though

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KAK

Is anyone on Just mobile using a iphone? Since I moved over to Just I cant get any internet settings to work on my phone and the link they sent me on to try dont work. Have called the care line 5 times but they don't have a clue and keep sending me the same link! Might be time to switch back over to 02!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

KAK wrote: »
    Is anyone on Just mobile using a iphone? Since I moved over to Just I cant get any internet settings to work on my phone and the link they sent me on to try dont work. Have called the care line 5 times but they don't have a clue and keep sending me the same link! Might be time to switch back over to 02!

I really don't think they're ready for data, I'd wait until they have it sorted and then have another look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

KAK wrote: »

It's a pain: their APN is not configurable because the SIM is behaving like a Vodafone one.

If the microSIM version is inserted in iPad, the APN is revealed (a Vodafone one) and may then be changed to the JustMobile one.

The same exercise may be repeated in a MiFi with either version of the SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

My iPhone 4 is factory unlocked. You can change APN by visiting this website (need to use wifi or another sim first): http://www.unlockit.co.nz

I use SpeedTest.net on iPhone 4:

Carrier - Download - Upload:
    JustMobile - 0.34Mbps - 0.12Mbps
    Three - 2.42Mbps - 1.62Mbps

I'll be sticking with Three for now I think :pac:

Advertisement