Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bowery / Old Fast Eddies

Options
  • 05-05-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried out this place yet? What was the typical age range? How much in?

Ta,
    Kaz

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think it's about a tenner in, and the age range is early to late 20s from what I've seen. I hate night clubs, but I was in there once and really enjoyed it. Lovely smoking area with a bar in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its a nice looking place, clearly flavour of the month for now.

Agree re the smoking area. I do not smoke, but it is basically another room with music playing on the roof with a canopy overhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

highly recommended.

pizzas on the roof terrace now too!

talk of it opening up during the weekend afternoons during the summer which would be class as there is a lack of beer gardens in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

Have been there a couple of times and have really enjoyed it every time.

Brill music, older crowd, a few bar areas...have always been served quickly, +1 on the smoking area..as a smoker its amazing! :D And their Themed nites are hilarious!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'll have to give it a try when I'm home. I have to get rid of those awful college memories of Fast Eddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Thinking of going there actually on Friday night, is it open fridays late does anyone know? I presume its upstairs from the Slate?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

What's the age limit, actually? Is it just over 18's or is it 21's? Or even 23's, like the Slate?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I think it's over-23s

Ya it's open late Fridays and Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

New to Cork so where are we talking about?

• Advertisement

New to Cork so where are we talking about?

Tuckey Street (off Grand Parade, from the Fountain towards Beamish & Crawford)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

We had my brothers party up there during the day and it was a fab spot...Havent been into the club itself when tis open at night but it is suppose to be decent enough

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

kcb wrote: »
    Tuckey Street (off Grand Parade, from the Fountain towards Beamish & Crawford)

Down past Hillbillys...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sue_2

been once, liked it nice age mid late 20s so I didnt feel like a granny :) hopefully it will stay that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Really good spot on saturday but I went in there last Friday fairly late because in had to wait for a friend who works in a restaurant and by the time we got there it was still practically deserted. Just be wary cause you don't wanna pay a tenner in and have to walk out 1 drink later like we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Any concessions or passes around? You'd think they'd be just trying to get people in the door at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Went there last Friday, was a good night but I think that was largely down to the company. Was a bit dissapointed to be honest, was expecting an older crowd and it wasnt that busy either. Maybe a Saturday night would be better. Great music tho!! :D

Advertisement