Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PowerBar FruitGels

• 05-05-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Anybody know where to get them - was hoping to try them out over the next month or so?

Can't find a Powerbar website that delivers to Ireland.

Anybody used or got any views on them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Notwitch wrote: »
    Anybody know where to get them - was hoping to try them out over the next month or so?

Is this the ordinary power BAR GELS ? I only use Power bar gels and rely on them in marathons. They are a handy size - I usually carry four- and I have gotten use to the taste - some people seem to find the taste off putting. I take then straight from the sachet without using water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Cycling shops and running shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I know a lot of people get theirs from random websites...

I have a "Buy Irish" thing going on [trying to only get irish stuff, or stuff which will have some hope of keeping jobs/money here], so I got mine in Irish fit [http://www.irishfit.eu/shop/] in Carrickmines, as I get the LUAS past there to work. They were a fraction per unit more expensive than from random site over web, but really not my much [and collecting them saved a packet in delivery - so I win overall].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Are you talking about the two new flavours (red fruit punch, and mango passionfruit--they seem to be listed as fruit gels rather than just regular ones)? I've been looking for a way to get some too.. they're being used at IM austria but the powerbar stores dont deliver here, and crc etc. dont seem to have any stock until the end of the month.

On a related note, im not loving the fact that you cant buy the drinks being given on the bike/run course at austria either until next month either. I'd love to know who came up with the idea to use all new flavours at an ironman and not make any of them available until everyone was tapering. Sorry, rant over ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Notwitch

yeah kingquez.

Emailed powerbar europe during the week and they basically said none of their sites deliver to ireland. Might give a few of the shops a chase and see if they have any ideas when they'll get them in.

Any ideas from amphibkingwest as to who supplies powerbar products to the shops in Ireland or when you expect to get the new gels?

Kq, I'm sure you know at this stage but they didn't give the gels out on the bike in Austria, just the run. They do seem to be saying they'll be giving them out on the bike course in Nice this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Cheers notwitch, didn't know that. Truth be told i cant usually hold down the powerbar gels or drinks for too long, but i'd like to have tried the new ones before the day incase thats changed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I really hate powerbar gels, can't stomach them at all but..

The Great Outdoors do have a very good selection of them, they are horribly overpriced but if you just want a couple to test for flavour they might do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

mloc123 wrote: »
    I really hate powerbar gels, can't stomach them at all but..

The Great Outdoors do have a very good selection of them, they are horribly overpriced but if you just want a couple to test for flavour they might do.
    I just got myself used to taste by using them on training runs, same as I practised eating bananas on training runs. I usually spread one gel over say one or two miles - i never take a whole gel in one go. I am paying about € 1.90 to € 2.00 for them in Cork. John Buckley Sport and Mahers do them in Cork.

I'm talking about the new gels not the standard ones - I think they've only been released this month.

http://www.powerbar.co.uk/fruitgel-24

They're the ones to be used in the triangle ironman events this year - mloc anychance you could act as a mule on the way back from st. polten!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'm talking about the new gels not the standard ones - I think they've only been released this month.

http://www.powerbar.co.uk/fruitgel-24

They're the ones to be used in the triangle ironman events this year - mloc anychance you could act as a mule on the way back from st. polten!

Yeah sure, PM me and I will see what I can get out there. Afaik they will be giving them out on the course(I'll be using my own ISOgels) but I'm sure powerbar will have a stall also.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the offer mloc. I got some through a mate in the uk so will be trying them out this weekend. Seem to have the same carb ratios as the normal powerbar gels but a higher sodium content and the guarana one is caffinated.

good luck at the weekend. enjoy it - you too bambata, hopefully you'll both have good days out.

Advertisement