Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat May 21st, need advice where to go?

Options
  • 05-05-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

My mates and I are planning a night out on Sat May 21st. We are in our mid-late thirties (ouch!) but spent most of the 90s in the Temple of Sound and the Ormond Printworks. Sad bastards that we are, we want to get together for a final clubbing splurge before the arthritis sets in.

Can somebody recommend me a good techno / or house event to go to on Sat May 21st? Ideally looking for something fairly underground.

So far our options are as follows (let me know if there are any others):

1. A Guy Called Gerald @ Twisted Pepper
    2. Mike Huckaby @ Ormonde Wine Bar
    3. Vintage Records Night @ Turk's Head

Would you recommend any of these or is there something else we should be considering?

Also, can you PM me if you have any after-party details.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ManInSpace

hard to say if i will be looking for techno i would go for Mike Huckaby

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Cant see anymore going on than your list there buddy. TP usually has a friendly sort of crowd, mixed age too.

As far as after parties, its a case of getting to know the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭DrConor

I know my opion is a bit biased her man as I am running the a guy called gerald gig, but with this line up I dont think you could get any closer to re-living your youth on this date. Over the 3 floors there is enough variations of electronic music to cater for all tastes, house, acid, techno, breaks, jungle, d&b plus more. We expect people of all ages to come, but were really hoping Gerald would actually bring out some old skool ravers for this one, this gig is perfect for you guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 NoUAre

Ha, blatant favouritism :)

I've gone off Twisted Pepper recently. Too many kids running about for my liking. Nice line up though DrConor.

I think Huckaby will be a great gig. It's his Irish debut so the atmosphere will be electric.

Agreed on the kids in recent times I have been in there. A lot of the time in there now its 2 or 3 separate promoters in there in one night so you are going to have a varied crowd. Hope I wont end up shooting myself in the foot doing this but I booked out all 3 rooms, so we could take care of all the musical programming. We are hoping that everyone turns up on the night are going to be on a similar vibe, which we always have at all our other gigs. We really want this night to be a special one for electronic music lovers, i'd like to think the line up reflects that.

• Advertisement

Sure you can have the best of both worlds and see mick on friday night to ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 NoUAre

Booking the three rooms will definitely help the numbers and crowd. No crusties or hipsters running around. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Thanks for the tips. Twisted Pepper has all bases covered in terms of variety and crowd. I've had some great nights there before so I think it's a sure bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

a no brainer has to be A Guy Called Gerald @ Twisted Pepper, have a goodun mate, if you went to the temple of sound back in the day i probably know your face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mntothat

Yeah, it's the best line up in TP since the big Juju&Jordash night a while back. You won't be disappointed hubiedubie.

The BigDish lads know how ta fro a par'y!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

if you fancy something before the TP, http://www.facebook.com/supercool197#!/event.php?eid=169127249812468

Can't say too much about the place, never played there and this is the first house night the promotor is running

**** me i should be a sales man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Technodublin

For the vintage night in Turks head, It will be at least 50% foreigners.
    I help to organize it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Technodublin

For people who go there, we have a private after party set at 4am until 9am :)

except if the police stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 keylockd

A Guy called Gerald for sure...

With Ed Chamberlain and Ceephax Acid crew both live in the basement....

And The cream of Irish producers in the loft ,you cant go wrong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Went to A Guy Called Gerald in the end. Great night. Well done to the organisers.

Cheers dude glad you enjoyed, it really was a great night alright. Roll on the next one, dont hang up them dancing shoes just yet ;)

Advertisement