Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone heard of this company ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

apophis wrote: »
    hi guys, i am looking to buy this for my son,

http://www.syncron.ie/PC_WIRELESS_GAMING_USB_RECEIVER_ADAPTER_XBOX_360_p/59x.htm

but i have never heard of the company in question, anyone ever heard of or dealt with them, thanks in advance for any input.

apophis :cool:

Never heard of the site tbh, if in doubt use paypal if it is an option. If you dont mind me asking why are you getting this is it to use the Xbox controller for your PC??

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

hi projectgtr, thanks for the reply, its for my son he`s a big xbox and pc gamer, and he wants to try this option for his pc games, i on the other hand have no interest in games so thats why i am posting here for advice, unfortunatly my only input in this venture will be to pay for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

As far as I know, PC games don't have any aim assist integrated into them, as console games do. Using a mouse is far more accurate than using a controller, hence why game developers use a subtle amount of aim assist when developing games for consoles.

Although that product will work perfectly, your son may find himself at a disadvantage using it if playing in multiplayer games.

As for the company in question, I've not heard of them. As mentioned, definitely use PayPal. Can you post your experience with them here, should you choose to use them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Hi
    I have bought from them through their ebay shop, no problems and would recommend. Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

To back up wilser, i have bought a few bits from their Ebay shop too, very very quick to send items out. Can definitely recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I got a cable from him through eBay also. Fast shipping. Based in Lucan I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Bought one of these a while back from Dealextreme for €8, works fine, handy for non-FPS games on the PC e.g. Fifa 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

As far as I know, PC games don't have any aim assist integrated into them, as console games do. Using a mouse is far more accurate than using a controller, hence why game developers use a subtle amount of aim assist when developing games for consoles.

Although that product will work perfectly, your son may find himself at a disadvantage using it if playing in multiplayer games.

As for the company in question, I've not heard of them. As mentioned, definitely use PayPal. Can you post your experience with them here, should you choose to use them?

Some Pc games do come with aim assist now. And some 360 ports just work better with controller than mouse due to not being ported properly to work with a mouse and you get what is sometimes called, mouse lag which is a horrible sensation.

Some games (Valve games for example) are designed for Pc and Mouse on Pc and tested properly and if your playing something like TF2 with a controller, you'll be at a disadvantage especially if you pick sniper.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

hi guys many thanks for the replies and advice, i ordered one from dealextreme to see if it suits and if not its a cheap hit to my pocket,
    thanks again guys,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

wilser wrote: »
    Hi
    I have bought from them through their ebay shop, no problems and would recommend. Hope this helps

Ditto. I've ordered from them too with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

wilser wrote: »
    Hi

Same here, had no issues with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Found them quite good, can't complain they ship with Fastway couriers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

justryan wrote: »
    Found them quite good, can't complain they ship with Fastway couriers

So no online tracking on the parcels then, pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭ThatGuyHughesy

Ye I bought from them through eBay as well, quick delivery and great item, I would recommend them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Mostly cheap tat. Would recommend going on somewhere like dealextreme, much cheaper if you don't mind waiting a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Just to let others know the one from Synchron's Ebay site isn't an official Microsoft product. Some might not mind but just something to note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

DealExtreme is ok if you have the patience to wait weeks for your order, my lastest order (a 3.5" hdd enclosure) was Dead on Arrival, it had a American power plug which I had to buy an American to Euro adapter for seperately. I opened it up and the PCB is red hot when power is connected to it, the Hdd spins but Windows does not see it at all, plus it did not come with a driver disc as advertised in the picture, buyer beware! Now I'm going to have to pay for returning this item and wait another few weeks before a replacement arrives :mad:

Advertisement