Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to UPC and porting number - sequence and timing

Options
  • 05-05-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi There,

I'm looking to change to UPC for Broadband and port my eircom landline number to either UPC or Blueface. Can you advise on the following please?

Sequence of what I need to do. Would prefer not to be paying for two BB providers for longer than necessary, so if there is a predictable cancellation period for eircom (30 days? immediate?) I can order UPC service to ideally get it live a few days before cancelling eircom.

Porting the number - is the procedure different for UPC/Blueface? Do I need to request the number port before cancelling eircom, and if so, do I still need to cancel eircom BB seperately? How long does it take and do I need to keep eircom active for that time?

I am not in a fixed term contract with eircom.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

bloke wrote: »
    Hi There,

I'm looking to change to UPC for Broadband and port my eircom landline number to either UPC or Blueface. Can you advise on the following please?

Sequence of what I need to do. Would prefer not to be paying for two BB providers for longer than necessary, so if there is a predictable cancellation period for eircom (30 days? immediate?) I can order UPC service to ideally get it live a few days before cancelling eircom.

Porting the number - is the procedure different for UPC/Blueface? Do I need to request the number port before cancelling eircom, and if so, do I still need to cancel eircom BB seperately? How long does it take and do I need to keep eircom active for that time?

I am not in a fixed term contract with eircom.

Thanks!

Hi bloke
    yes there is a 30 day broadband cancellation period and obviously being out of contract no cancellation fee would apply. You should be able to port your no but should call our customer service centre on 1901 to arrange cancellation and advise on this proceedure.
    Any problem with this let me know.
    Tony

Advertisement