Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

motorbike licence at 16

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

im also 16 in may could somebody give me an idea of the price of the ibt please i seen 1100 mentioned above :O

It can be got for €290 if you share with one other person. This includes bike and gear rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevinhalvey

thanks a millionid defo do it with someone if its cheaper also as a first bike i was looking at a honda cbr 125 good first bike or honda 50 ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

If you are 16 I would say you are stuck on a 50cc because insurance will be dear. That said try to get a geared 20cc rather than a moped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Simona1986 wrote: »
    If you are 16 I would say you are stuck on a 50cc because insurance will be dear. That said try to get a geared 20cc rather than a moped.
    You might get cover on a 125 at 16. Just not a sports model.

Glad to here theres still a few young people interested in getting into biking. Its totally worth jumping through all the hoops for.

Glad to here theres still a few young people interested in getting into biking. Its totally worth jumping through all the hoops for.[/QUOTE]

not only that there a sight cheaper then running a car tax is uncompairable ! petrol again more economical even insurance although stll expensive for me its cheaper then me in an old 1.0l car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Nsr 80 would be your best bet, you will need a large quantity of lube to even think about trying to insure a 125 at 16. Even if you did get a reasonable quote on a 125 it would be a 4 stroke because they wouldn't touch you with a 2 stroke, so the NSR80 would be just as quick anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 reddie_freddie

is the ibt more expensive at 16? or is it the same price for all ages?

pretty sure its the same price for all

but one guy says it costs 1100 euro for one person and another guy says it costs 290 each if two people are doing it together... wtf?

i think the 1100 was a bit ott look on www.rsa.ie and look at the instructores most of them have prices on there websites its around the 200-300 mark if you share

• Advertisement

Thanks Kevin... the prices are not too bad! I almost cried when i seen ?1100 being mentioned

i know im also near 16 will be getting a bike soon and thought it wouldnt be worth it if it was 1100

Cool so your on the same boat as me! lol... what bike are you thinking on getting?

i really wanted a honda cbr 125 seen a lovely one right money v.clean but insurance quote on it is as much as the bike

i got a fair enought quote on a 70cc aprilla yesterday so thats on my short list

aye... i was looking for a 125 aswell, but the insurance is shocking... im currently thinking on a nsr 80, a tzr 80, or a suzuki rg 80... seems to be good power in those 80cc bikes

does anyone know if an A1 licence allows you to ride through northern ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

does anyone know if an A1 licence allows you to ride through northern ireland?
    Long as its a full licence and not a learners permit you can ride where you like. Learner Permit is not valid outside the republic.

ok thanks

where do you guys get the bike reg from when getting a quote?

with quinn anyways make one up youll stilll get one but if you do jus look at the pics of one and punch it in thats how i do it either way

• Advertisement

ok so if i cant see a pic of the reg of the bike, i just make one up and it will work?

yea i must of got 20 quotes from various bikes using made up plates and worked fine eg 07g1234 works fine

ok thanks... any good quotes?

the best i got was on a 70cc aprilla think 800 euro

wow thats good... i got quoted 818 euro on a guilera dna 50 and 1200 euro on a suzuki rg 80, both third party only... is the aprilla 2-stroke or 4-stroke?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paddy995

Hi guys , im looking foward to get one of ' dirt bikes ' .
    Do yous know any good and cheap ones ?
    Im about to turn 16 in few months .
    And how do insurance go for dirt bikes ?

Advertisement