Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5 lamb kebab

Options
  • 05-05-2011 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

For all the recessionistas out there, an Indian place beside Kearney Cycles in Terryland is doing monster lamb kebabs for a fiver. Much bigger than the ones you get in the various charcoal grills. I haven't the name of the place offhand, Sharis? Shadis? Om nom nom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    For all the recessionistas out there, an Indian place beside Kearney Cycles in Terryland is doing monster lamb kebabs for a fiver. Much bigger than the ones you get in the various charcoal grills. I haven't the name of the place offhand, Sharis? Shadis? Om nom nom.
    Sahi Palace, they are on justeat.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

That offer has been going for months now I think..

I remember getting one just after xmas for a fiver!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

Saw this earlier and it was awhile since I've had a Kebab so for a fiver I got one, My God it was amazing, decent size, nice fresh thick wrap, and a real juicy load of salads, and the kebab meat wasn't dry or hard, it was moist and nice, I'm not the biggest fan of lamb but this was nice. for a fiver it's a great thing that I want to keep on getting, so try one, if you like kebabs, you'll love these ones.

Thanks for the heads up OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Whatever you do don't tell UrbanSea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's €6.90 on justeat :confused:

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's €6.90 on justeat :confused:

Justest tends to be a bit more expensive than the actual prices..
    Think this is a special take-out offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Ye sure it's still €5? Anyone know what time they open?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

And more importantly what time they close at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

I think it's 4.30 to 11.30, it was €5 as of yesterday anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,502 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I live not too far from that Indian restaurant and walk by it 3/5 times a week. Since it opened I've only seen people in it twice!

Was always wondering how it was still open tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I live not too far from that Indian restaurant and walk by it 3/5 times a week. Since it opened I've only seen people in it twice!

Was always wondering how it was still open tbh.

Ya, Thats kinda half the reason I posted a review, When I was there I was the only one in the place, except for the owners children doing their homework in the resturant, it looks like a family run place, The place isn't great as a resturant, they need to section the seating off and create a bit of atmosphere, but if a few more people go there it might change a few things.
    I have no connection to the place (except for it now becoming a regular) but I just hate to see a family creating good food and being really nice about it, having no customers, and places in town serving expensive crap food, having loads of customers, it's just typical and I hate to see these little businesses struggling, and big fast food chains thriving.

If ye can, try out these little places and spread the custom around

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Will try this place during the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Got one tonight and it was nice. Good recommendation.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Where exactly is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Where exactly is it?
    If you go from Tescos across the magic roundabout, then past Dunnes, it's just on the right hand side next to Kearney Cycles, just past the Dunnes car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

You were right, the kebab was off the chain.
    The bread was really, really nice.
    But as someone else said how are they still open, it felt like I was the only customer they had all evening.

I like how the guy makes the kebab while wearing a suit.

Seems more authentic.

If you go from Tescos across the magic roundabout, then past Dunnes, it's just on the right hand side next to Kearney Cycles, just past the Dunnes car park.

Cheers.

Went there today for a take-away. Absolutely lovely kebab, and loads in it. Some deal for €5, but looking at the rest of their menu things start to get a bit more expensive. 9.60 or so for a green curry seems a bit pricy. Curry house do lovely green curry for about 8 quid and there certainly plenty of eating in that.... I digress.

Lovely food, great price, shame it doesnt seem too busy. Not the best at talking to customers (short tone and nearly giving out to people over the phone), but id go again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Whatever you do don't tell UrbanSea.

My quest for a good sized kebab in Galway is ongoing. This thread has given me some hope,I genuinely sat upright and attentive when I saw the post.

Going to try it this week and report back.

Just had one there... Yummy! :D:p

• Advertisement

I was wondering would there be any "boardsies" in there when I was getting my kebab, but alas there was only three foul mouthed <***>.

I guess <***> can be boardsies too.

Going to try it tonight...is it the place out near Curry's?

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Going to try it tonight...is it the place out near Curry's?
    Not really. Its pretty much beside the old N17 superstore, near dunnes.

Thanks,can't say I know Galway well. I'll get a lift.

Must say was impressed. Good size and nice choice of salad.

Still can't find a huge one though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Just buy two? :confused:

Alas,it just isn't the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 theprisoner

Never realised kebabs were such a serious business.:)

It's a life or death situation for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Had one myself there after seeing the thread and had the desire for noms, i liked it, i must say i'd have preferred pitta to naan bread and there was no cheese. Yeah, another poster said about small talk, felt a bit awkward sitting there waiting while one of the deliveries laads played with his phone playing music. Meat was nice, salads were fresh and sauce was nice. Pretty happy with it all in all.

Advertisement