Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitted White Shirt?

Options
  • 05-05-2011 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a fitted white shirt in Sligo town?

I was in every shop I could think of the last few days and haven't been able to find a nice shirt. I need one for a formal tea party next Thursday.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the likes of Ejays or Addams would mind fitting a girl for a guys white shirt. I hate the big massive wide hips on womens shirts so I was a little wary about popping in tomorrow morning :o

Also, need a bowtie!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Have you tried Wallis and Next - they do quite a decent range of sizes.

Bowtie, hmmm maybe the mens Aware beside the cinema?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Have you tried Wallis and Next - they do quite a decent range of sizes.

Bowtie, hmmm maybe the mens Aware beside the cinema?

Oui, tried both. We'll keep in mind i'm only 20 and Wallis was a little, ahem. Mature for me. :o

Next is full of active wear now, not a white shirt in sight! :(

I also prefer men's shirts. The flared bottom on most women's shirts is just naff looking on me.

Aware Menswear, pricey pricey. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Lornen wrote: »
    Oui, tried both. We'll keep in mind i'm only 20 and Wallis was a little, ahem. Mature for me. :o

Next is full of active wear now, not a white shirt in sight! :(

I also prefer men's shirts. The flared bottom on most women's shirts is just naff looking on me.

Aware Menswear, pricey pricey. :eek:

I know Wallis is for aul wans ;) but a white shirt is a white shirt!!!

Last time I got a white shirt was in pennies and it was fitted and all (well it fit me anyway!) but they don't always have them. Usually Next have a business wear section on the left hand side coming in from the quayside entrance or has it been overtaken with summer clothes?

Tbh I haven't been around the shops in town for ages, must take a gander in one of the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Order on line from TM Lewin.

I buy all my shirts from there and they are the best quality at the most reasonible prices I have ever found.

They do a really good fitted and semi fitted shirt - however I have been wearing my regular cut since Christmas! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Boys section in Penneys/Dunnes?

For a cheaper bowtie....Kids section in next? Or try Mullaneys or.....erm....moffits....It's first holy season so you might get one in next:)

Edit; Can't see any of the mens shops having a problem fitting a girl for a shirt, loadsa girls wear boys jeans:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Was in aware at weekend and I got a very crisp white shirt, nice slim fit. Was part of a package, shirt + tie + suit for e200, so not sure what the shirts are on their own, but everything is way cheaper than it was. I guess thats true everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

jazzalbart wrote: »
    It's important to note that all the shirts in our budget range are well made and represent good value for money. The hand tailored custom shirt would be in more precision size and well fitted. Once you’ve had a shirt custom tailored made, you will never go back to off-the-rack shirts. The cotton shirt is the best option for all seasons.

Ya need to advertise on a newer thread, mate. This ones a year old! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Jazzalbart has been banned for coming on and registering to advertise his business.Going to close this thread as it's a year old and I assume Lornen got sorted.
    If anyone needs some advice on where to get clothing please feel free to post a new one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement