Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel/b&b near midwestern regional hospital

• 05-05-2011 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Dear all,

I'm looking for accommodation near the midwestern regional hospital.

So far ive found south court hotel and white house b&b.

south court doesn't have great reviews on tripadvisor and there's nothing about white house.

can anyone advise on how white house is like or recommend any other nearby b&b/hotels?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

If it's a short term thing, lay down your head kind of stay then the Southcourt is fine. I's a nice walk (10 to 15min) to the hospital.

I dont know the B&B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 rabboni

phog wrote: »
    If it's a short term thing, lay down your head kind of stay then the Southcourt is fine. I's a nice walk (10 to 15min) to the hospital.

I dont know the B&B.

thanks very much for that! im having an exam the next day at the hospital and the reviews all seem to say its kinda noisy at that hotel.so i'm a little worried about that.

would u think its better to stay at the maldron maybe and take a cab down instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

If it's midweek I cant see either being too busy or noisy.

ah okay then! thanks for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Yeah I can't see it being too noisy tbh - I live nearby and the area is generally pretty quiet during the week. There is also a B&B on the Ballinacurra road which I have passed a few times and looks ok. That would be close enough too tbh.

If the noise gets too much give me a shout and I'll put ye up in my spare room lol :D

• Advertisement

Yeah I can't see it being too noisy tbh - I live nearby and the area is generally pretty quiet during the week. There is also a B&B on the Ballinacurra road which I have passed a few times and looks ok. That would be close enough too tbh.

If the noise gets too much give me a shout and I'll put ye up in my spare room lol :D

ah is that almeda b&b ure referring to? sent them an email too! haha sure thing i'll hold to it! lol just joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Punches hotel down road from hospital, bus stop outside door.

Punches hotel down road from hospital, bus stop outside door.

Can't believe I never thought of there, I have stayed there and all! €50 a night I believe and nice spot. Recommended!

OP - yes it is the almeda I think - they have a cute own on the sign outside it (who could not love owls, so it must be a good spot, eh?)

punches hotel does look nice indeed! does the bus from cork stop at that bus stop outside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Nope, the bus from cork will go straight to the train station, down Hyde Road. So a taxi will probably be required, or it's a 10 minute walk up Edward Street to Punches Cross.

• Advertisement

does the bus stop at any other stops when it enters limerick besides the train station? does it stop at the hospital?

because if i have to take a cab from the train station to punches and then from punches to the hosp the next day, i might as well stay in the city and take a cab direct to the hosp the next day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Most of the intercity coaches from Cork come straight in the motorway, then the shortest route to the station is straight down Hyde Road. Check the timetable there might be a bus that stops in Patrickswell, that would come in through Raheen and Dooradoyle. You might be able to get the bus driver to stop outside Punches.

EDIT: Just checked the time tables there, all the busses go straight to the station.

rabboni wrote: »
    does the bus stop at any other stops when it enters limerick besides the train station? does it stop at the hospital?

because if i have to take a cab from the train station to punches and then from punches to the hosp the next day, i might as well stay in the city and take a cab direct to the hosp the next day!

Or you could walk or get a 304 bus (they go every 10 minutes).

Seriously it's about 15 minutes walk from the train station to Punches cross, and then it would be about 25 minutes walk from Punches to the hospital. *Very walkable*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

from south court you can walk to hospital.

from punches its a good trek or else you are depending on buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

rabboni wrote: »

south court doesn't have great reviews on tripadvisor and there's nothing about white house.

OP, I recommend you never again look at reviews on Tripadvisor, they're lethal for putting people off places! People are going to complain about anything, and those that do are more likely to post up comments than those who had a good experience. South Court will be fine, and handy for the below reason too:
    from south court you can walk to hospital.

from punches its a good trek or else you are depending on buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The White House is meant to be good. Very nice family running it. The South Court should be fine too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Mc Love wrote: »
    The White House is meant to be good. Very nice family running it.
    obama_family_essence_575.jpg

Advertisement