Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

regular cycle gone haywire - confused,as just about to ttc

Options
  • 05-05-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

hoping someone can shed some light on this for me ladies.
    Have cycle like clockwork,29 days, we were about to start ttc in June, and suddenly my period starts a week early???? Argh. not sure now whether to go with my original dates or give up on dates and check mucus/ovulating kits ? It must be all the excitement has me messed up :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey!
    Well it could be exactly that! Sometimes emotions can play a large role in our cycle durations! Also they can sometimes just randomly go out of sync! Best of luck with the trying to conceive journey...i hope its a short one!!!:D
    Id just try and do the deed every couple of days, that way your sure not to miss your fertile time, but also start recording your cycle lengths and keep and eye out for fertile mucus( egg white like and stretchy!) and record when that comes too, generally your period should come around 14 days after ovulation. Sometimes people also get 'ovulation cramps' before, during, or just after ovulation so record this too if you feel it, and all of this will help create a good picture of whats going on with your cycle overall! Remember that it takes the average healthy couple 7 months to conceive so dont be too hard on yourself if id doesnt happen in the first month or two...just enjoy the trying!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bert n ernie

thanks dublinlady, i think im going to do exactly that, had been keeping note of my cycle for the last few months in preparation,will just add the mucus to that too. fingers crossed !!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

^^^What Dublin Lady said :)
    *nods sagely*

There is a chat thread - you should join us - its great support to have others in the same situation, and guarantee someone has a wonky cycle.

Your cycle could just be thrown by excitement (good stress) if you have sex every second day then thats still good odds that you could catch the baby boat. I would suggest just have lots of fun, and make a note of your cycle days and any twinges or whatever for the first few months. Once you get into charting /temping/ Ovulation predictor kits etc it can get very stressful very quickly.

Good luck!

Advertisement