Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Student Card

• 05-05-2011 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a question about my student card. I applied for arts after my LC and was given a card dated 2007-2010, which was fine. But when I started 2nd year I changed to the BA LCS programme (year abroad arts so its one extra year in ucc) so Im in final year arts now which is my fourth year and I still have the same card, which still works for getting into Boole etc but the writing on it says it expired last august.

THis is a problem for availing of student offers outside of ucc. Does anybody know if someone was meant to get in contact with me to issue a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Probably not. In any case, a replacement student card is free (it costs €20 if you're not handing in the old one). The relevant office is upstairs in West Wing - it might be called the registration office I think. I imagine your new student card will have the updated details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

Just wondering, do they need to take your photo again if you're getting a replacement card? Or do they have your photo on file and use that one? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

marti8 wrote: »
    Just wondering, do they need to take your photo again if you're getting a replacement card? Or do they have your photo on file and use that one? Thanks.

They have it on file!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eggineer

You shuld have gone to Kampus Kitchen last week during orientation and they would take a new picture of you and issue you with a new card. But if you go to the admissions office upstairs in West Wing it should sort it out for you, It will more than likely be the same picture though, just make sure our registration for this year is paid and there will be no problem

Advertisement