Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday night out pub grub meal for the over 30's???

Options
  • 05-05-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭

Can anybody suggest a good pub that sells pub grub for a small to medium group in Drogheda as part of a saturday night out as an alternative to a proper sit down restaurant. (yes I'm a huge fan of ESB but times are tough.....)

All suggestions welcome....cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

The Pheasant has been done up recently and I hear there is a new kitchen too, but souble check, the kittchen may not have opened yet, Relish in Bettystown is classy, Bru is cheap and good, Dvine is not a pub but again is a quaint spot. Harrys Bar in Mell

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Can recommend Bru as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

cheers for the feedback. Forgot about Bru and the 22 deal they have on which is v. reasonable. Currently looking at Barocco (westcourt) as they do meals from 8 to 15 quid which isn't bad at all.

decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Four that come to mind are

Black Bull
    The Thatch
    Dalys Donore
    Gibneys Huntsman Gormanstown (opp the cock pub)

Been in the Bull and its.....ok (not as good as it used to be though)
    The Huntsman does really good food
    Never eaten in the other two so don't know what they're like.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

the place dat used to be the fishermans wharf up mell....

cant remember d new name

but its good!!

(harrys maybe?)

• Advertisement

Had food in Bru recently (there were 7 of us, from 20-60 years of age) and it was grand. You can have a proper sit down and then move upstairs to the bar after the food, or you can stay upstairs and i believe they serve "finger food" upstairs (not sure if it has to be ordered in advance or if you can just order at the bar though).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Went to westcourt in the end. I thought it was really nice! we had 3-4 starters between 6 of us. 6 mains, 2 deserts and a round (or 2 of drinks) and it came to 20each. Food quality was pretty good as well.

A pity that Breffney from the apprentice turned up with his 2 stooges to protect him. But the hens party all dressed up as sailors made it all worthwhile ;)

couldn't believe how absolutley rammed the place was later on. I know earth's been done up but it really knocked me back. No recession in Westcourt. defo the place to be on a sat night.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

Appologies (Mods) if this is off-thread, but it is Drogheda related. I need to know what hotels are closest to the TLT (music venue). I'm going up there to see a gig at the end of the month and need accommodation. Sorry too, to Lantus if I've slightly hijacked your initial thread. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

PKen wrote: »
    Appologies (Mods) if this is off-thread, but it is Drogheda related. I need to know what hotels are closest to the TLT (music venue). I'm going up there to see a gig at the end of the month and need accommodation. Sorry too, to Lantus if I've slightly hijacked your initial thread. :o

The D hotel do offers with the TLT, ring them and see deals on evening meal, room, tickets to TLT, transport to the TLT and breakfast, they will prob do a deal even if you have your tickets already.

No hotel beside TLT (it's in an industrial park on the outskirts of town beside tesco) but its only a 15min walk from the main street or a €6 taxi so any hotel would be grand. The D and Scholars are probably nicer than the Westcourt in my opinion. The Boyne Valley is a bit out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Again, the Widow Murphys does a mean soup and has a cage out back where you can select your 'meat' if you are feeling adventurous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement