Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sick Pet Lamb

• 05-05-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Advice needed on a sick pet lamb. She is about a week old and we bought her from a neighbour. She has very bad runny poo bright yellow in colour - is this scour? We are feeding her lamlac about 6oz x 4 times a day. Is this too much/too little and is this causing her poo problem?

Got an injection from the vet (cant remember the name of it) but 3 days later still no change.

Should we continue to feed her or should we water down the feed?

Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

we give 150 ml of lamlac 3 times a day,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

say feeding her to much...a lamb will drink a bottle-as much as u can give,no probs! cut back--usuage(feed amount)is on lamlac bucket.. also 4 times a day would do.. also have fresh water!heat--is lamb out in the sun?
    will cause sour, as milk will turn to yogurt.sour in lambs belly

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Thanks for your replies. I reduced the amount of lamlac powder I was adding to the water and she seems to be alot better. A vet also advised to give her 1 spoon of natural yogurt mixed into her feed twice a day so maybe that helped her as well.

good to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Glad yo hear the lamb is better. We don't use Lamlac or (more importantly) Frisky anymore. Have switched to using Nourish, find it to be very good. Mine were getting bottle four times a day at the start, basically as much or as little as they would take themselves. Recently they've been on three times a day, anything up to 400/450ml a go each feed. Today I've switched them onto twice a day and they'll have opportunity of 500ml each feed. They were lambed 1st of April and are blackface twins. Creep and fresh water available 24/7. Fat demanding little feckers now. In the two+ years we've been using Nourish we haven't had one problem with it, also it's got an anti-bloat ingredient in it which puts my mind at ease.

• Advertisement

ours are a month old on 150 ml 3 times a day .... is this ok ? they are doing well

whelan1 wrote: »
    ours are a month old on 150 ml 3 times a day .... is this ok ? they are doing well

I'd be hesitant to say as I've not used it in a while now, different formulations would have different rates. Have you read the bag/bucket? :D

This is what the Nourish bucket says:

P1020994.jpg

its not lamlac we are on . i will check the name and read the bag:)

we give 150 ml of lamlac 3 times a day,
    its not lamlac we are on . i will check the name and read the bag:)

You're trying to confuse me on purpose :p

because i didnt know the name i said lamlac :o its prolamb... i remembered from on here before that lamlac wasnt the best:cool: i am afraid if i up their intake it might scour them but the bag says they should be on 1 litre per day which they are not getting, but they are doing well

• Advertisement
Advertisement