Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FLY KILLER WARNING

• 05-05-2011 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

A new tennis racquet style fly killer is doing the rounds at a cost of €5

now we are supposed to have more flies this year than previous years according to experts

this gadjet here works on 2 1.5v walkman style batteries.
    ive heard stories about this been very dangerous and can cause serious harm

So i picked one up yesterday to see how effective they are and believe me they are VERY effective.
    There is a button on side you hold in and it attracts the flies by omitting a strange noise,hence you can swipe at the fly or let it land and it burns them like you would see one of those fly killers you see in a butchers for example the ones with the light

I read the instructions and it says you cant get a shock once the button is not pressed or one side of the net does not touch the other.

THIS WAS LEFT IDOL FOR TEN MINUTES, and for the CRACK i decided to touch it as i heard that it does actually shock you, when you are actually using it to catch flies.
    So what happened .

I JUST tipped one side of the thing and bang my fcuking finger nearly fell off and it lit the room up with the sparks that came from it.everybody started laughing and thought it was great so did i for a second or two but there was a big burnmark left on my fingers and the smell of burning flesh afterwards.

So i would not advise this be left around unattended or if so remove the batteries,this would probably take a childs hand off.
    I was surprised that having only two batteries the amount of power it has.

So you can laugh or take it seriously but its just to warn people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

ha I can't believe you tried it on your own hand; I bought one last year but I convinced my brother to put his hand on it to see what happened - I laughed for hours at the sight of a grown man crying over the pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Ha yeah i had to try it to believe it LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Personally, when im not using mine for flies it comes in handy as a ping pong bat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Stick it to the letterbox for the junk mail?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Classic :D

Where can we buy these self mutilators?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I got one of these in aldi/lidl last year. It was great. Beware though you do get a nasty shock. I touch it off my wife and she kicked me in the nuts.

Seriously painful but the pain was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wondering jack

The best laugh I had in a long time so well put. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Lol just bought one a few hours ago in my local maxol station but haven't seen a fly since :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Wait till you get your first Blue Bottle, They fry them bastards smoke and everything !

Can also be used for spiders:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

We need more pictures!

• Advertisement
Advertisement