Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ford focus tdci

Options
  • 05-05-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

i was looking to buy a 2005 ford focus tdci 1.6l

i was wondering if any one has one are they reliable and what is the mpg on them?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Have a 2005 model myself. The turbo can be a problem as I found out this week when it went on mine. A full service history is a must with the car and it needs to be brought in on time for each service. The service interval is 12,500 miles but if the car you are looking at is serviced at 10,000 all the better. Mpg is good. If you drive it hard 50mpg is easily achieved, with a lighter foot around 55-60 mpg. Try and get a ghia or zetec if possible it has loads of extras that the lx doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

injectors problems aswell as turbo! also theres a certain type of oil that goes into them, fuel filters can be expensive aswell!! great lookin car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Had an 03 tdci, good car , would agree that service history would be a big plus in buying one of these. Many have high mileage and one would want to ensure that the mileage shown is genuine and that the car was serviced :o I would also recommend getting as high spec as possible , although it can be difficult to get these at times.

Advertisement