Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig being edited

Options
  • 05-05-2011 8:21pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I logged in to find that my Sig has been edited and the pic that was in has been removed.

If it was too big, then that's fine - but it has been my Sig for the last 6 or 8 months I'd say and there has never been a problem with it before, so I'm just wondering what the problem was.

I didn't get a PM from any Mod to say it had been edited either.

Thanks
    Dan

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

The problem seems to be that you have too many lines of text. You're only allowed 1 line of text in font size 2 with an image, or 2 lines of text in font size 1 with an image. Don't forget that spacer lines still count as lines.

As it stands, you have 5 lines of text in font size 2 with an image. This exceeds the limit which can be read in full here.

Also, the height of your image is 130px and this exceeds the limit which is 125px.

For these reasons, it's highly likely your signature will be removed again, and if you have just restored it as it was before it was deleted, you may be issued with an infraction as per the rules above which state: "Repeated breaches of these rules may result in an infraction or ban from the site."

The admins are the only ones who can edit sigs, and they only do it when the sigs have been reported. It's likely that yours just wasn't reported until recently. Any sigs which exceed the rules above are removed without notice, and this is why you didn't get a PM.

I hope this is helpful to you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

psni wrote: »
    The problem seems to be that you have too many lines of text. You're only allowed 1 line of text in font size 2 with an image, or 2 lines of text in font size 1 with an image. Don't forget that spacer lines still count as lines.

As it stands, you have 5 lines of text in font size 2 with an image. This exceeds the limit which can be read in full here.

Also, the height of your image is 130px and this exceeds the limit which is 125px.

For these reasons, it's highly likely your signature will be removed again, and if you have just restored it as it was before it was deleted, you may be issued with an infraction as per the rules above which state: "Repeated breaches of these rules may result in an infraction or ban from the site."

The admins are the only ones who can edit sigs, and they only do it when the sigs have been reported. It's likely that yours just wasn't reported until recently. Any sigs which exceed the rules above are removed without notice, and this is why you didn't get a PM.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks for that PSNI. I didn't fix it myself, but it does appear to be fixed so I don't know how to explain that one. Ill change it now that I know i'm breaking the rules.

Thanks again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement