Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFBC2 choppers.

Options
  • 05-05-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

many still playing bc2?

has anyone noticed recently that choppers (especially black hawks) spawn within 30 seconds of been shot down. its becoming really frustrating to play the game as everyone is now using the choppers with flares on so it becomes very hard to take them down.

an example of this is i was playing valperaso (Xbox) defending the second base by the lighthouse. 3 people were constantly in the chopper and when we shot them down they just waited at the base. i shot the chopper at the entrance to our base, with lightweight on, by the time i got to the gate of their base they were already in the chopper about to take off. this is happening to often now and its killing the came.

another thing thats killing it for me. oasis.
    again people are using the choppers non stop on this map strafing around the base constantly spawn killing every one. the anti air gun is useless and theirs only one of them. a vads woud be much more helpful. then when they get to the second base they keep your chopper down or steal it and then you have two choppers raping you using flares which means tracer darts are useless. it always seems to be level 50's doing this.

anyone else finding this happening?
    its really killing the game. if battlefield 3 is going to be like this since theres going to be jets and stuff i think it could kill the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Get into their base and stab every last one of those Bas'ards. Problem solved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

garv123 wrote: »
    many still playing bc2?

has anyone noticed recently that choppers (especially black hawks) spawn within 30 seconds of been shot down. its becoming really frustrating to play the game as everyone is now using the choppers with flares on so it becomes very hard to take them down.

AT4 isn't affected by flares.

In the BF3 case, the larger maps, and larger distances means the choppers won't turn up so quick, and will be used more carefully by most.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Spear wrote: »
    AT4 isn't affected by flares.

In the BF3 case, the larger maps, and larger distances means the choppers won't turn up so quick, and will be used more carefully by most.

at4 is impossibe to hit with though unless there hovering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

at4 is impossibe to hit with though unless there hovering.

I've not found that, but that may be a mouse versus gamepad thing.

Spear wrote: »
    I've not found that, but that may be a mouse versus gamepad thing.

probably. its very hard to hit anything with the stationary at and at4 free aim with the gustav is your only hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How are the tracer darts against the chopper flares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I noticed that too. Although, what i try and down is use sniper and go to their base and sometimes either steal their chopper or snipe them the moment they get into it or use C4.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    or snipe them the moment they get into it or use C4.
    Meh. Snipe them when they're in the air: more fun. As for C4, I usually let them take off, gain height, so everyone spawns into it, and then pull the trigger :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

the_syco wrote: »
    Meh. Snipe them when they're in the air: more fun. As for C4, I usually let them take off, gain height, so everyone spawns into it, and then pull the trigger :D
    :pac: Sometimes its a good idea when the server has a spawn protection in place, plant the c4 on chopper and allow it to take over over the spawn and then pull the trigger. Good way of getting around it.

Sometimes iv found that using the anti air gun in the base against people spawning, can sometimes be allowed.

its not easy to sniper an apache or havoc pilot who's straifing around your base spamming shots all over the base.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

probably. its very hard to hit anything with the stationary at and at4 free aim with the gustav is your only hope.
    I once shot down a uav with a stationary at on Arica Harbour. It was amazing looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I once shot down a uav with a stationary at on Arica Harbour. It was amazing looking.
    I did that aswell on laguna presa, it was just perfectly still at a low level.
    Got an achievement for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Get out your sniper rifle of chocice (GOL) and give the pilot (and his replacement) a lesson :)

stakey wrote: »
    Get out your sniper rifle of chocice (GOL) and give the pilot (and his replacement) a lesson :)

again almost impossible when the apache is circle strafing around the base at top speed spamming out shots into the spawn.

again almost impossible when the apache is circle strafing around the base at top speed spamming out shots into the spawn.
    Yes, but it's so bloody satisfying when you kill one. Used to love seeing the chopper fall out of the sky when you shoot the pilot, esp when everyone in it doesn't jump out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Atacama Desert is annoying for choppers as the fixed spawn that leads to flag A in conquest has an area to the left behind a lot of shipping crates (I think) under/beside a big crane where the enemy chopper can land and repair itself before the 10 second deadzone/shroud countdown kills them. It's pretty hard to rocket them when they're there as they're so well covered :\

I do love those games though where your team is winning no bother because the enemy team insists on running towards your fixed base to try steal your chopper, only doesn't succeed a single time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Excatly as i thought myself on ps3 people mostly level 50 helicopters circle strafing the base spawn killing everyone. When i log on to a match i see like that i instantly leave because you've not no chance and they ain't getting free kills thinking their good.

I play BFBC2: Vietnam more because if there's a helicopter you can take it down easier and it's more balanced also i'm waiting for battlefield 3 to come out.

Advertisement