Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning right on the bridge

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

A roundabout there would fix things.

As long as it was laid out correctly (unlike the one at the other end of the bridge) and people knew how to use it.

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

alinton wrote: »
    A roundabout there would fix things.

As long as it was laid out correctly (unlike the one at the other end of the bridge) and people knew how to use it.

A.
    Wouldnt agree

Id say ppl having right of way going up bridge street from the bridge over ppl coming from the quays over the bridge would cause chaos. Never mind everone waiting at a round about entry on the quays cause noone would indicate to go left from the bridge to the quays, would ensure that the tail backs on the quays would end up in Kilmeaden.

As for the OP's problem, Like nkay said its fine to turn right there if you pull up a bit to allow traffic around you. (i know this only works if there is one car turning only) But at least if the council painted a "right turn" box up further this would encourage drivers turning right to go into it and prevent this issue at least 70% of the time.

Dont they use these boxes already like on the manor st Poleberry road Junction if coming from barrack st direction? Right turn box if coming down the hill and turning right for College/Tramore direction. (maybe thats the whole lane too though)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

I come over the bridge and go up Bridge St and Summerhill every morning, and what is actually annoying is when someone driving in the left lane of the bridge, for turning on to the quay, cuts in to the right lane at the last minute to drive straight up Bridge St.

I usually don't mind people turning right off the bridge to go towards Bilberry in the morning, as it's only a couple of cars that do it and it doesn't slow me down too much.

However, I see it coming home from work in the evenings, and while it doesn't affect me personally, I think with so much traffic at that time it is cause for frustration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

They could allow the lights on the bridge side to come on 30 secs before the opposite side at the start and maybe also stay on at the end for longer to allow for traffic to filter right?

Advertisement