Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography field study word count

• 05-05-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

will i get penalised if i go over the word count?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

They're not going to actually check your word count unless they think you've gone way over (as in a few hundred words over). I had 1017 words so just wrote down 996. Anyone in my class who went over put a number just under 1000 down, and there were a good few of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

I had around 1400 words and just put down 1100. I hope they don't count them!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

My whole class had well over a 1,000... like maybe 1,200-1,600ish. Might look dodgy since we all wrote down 980's and 990's! I was pretty worried about it but the examiner is going through 400 scripts... what's 200 extra words mean? And apparently if they do catch you out it's only a 2 mark penalty from overall cohesion or one of those things :p

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

It was annouced at the teacher conference this year that they will not be counting words for the project this year our teacher told us! Nearly all of our class has way over a 1000 words and since it is probably obvious our teacher told us to put down something like 1023 or any numbers just over a 1000 and we would be grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

I'd like to know how ye all fit in so many words into the booklet?

Nowhere near enoug space for 1400 words :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Its not too hard really. I have small enough writing so I was able to fit in just over 1000 words with a spare page left over in "Gathering of Information" and a few pages only half filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 WhoSays

can you get penalised for tipp-exing?

Advertisement