Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bluetooth problem - nokia 5800xpress music

Options
  • 05-05-2011 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭

the bluetooth will not switch on. every time i try to it says "unable to perform bluetooth operation". ive used it on this phone before? got new i phone and want to transfer contacts and stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

bump.
    really need help or suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You cant send files like that to the iphone via bluetooth, its not a fault with your 5800.

You can transfer the contacts by using pc suite and microsoft office, or you can put them on the sim, and then transfer them that way. That wont work ofcourse if its the new micro sim on number 4

thanks. yes it is new microsim.
    however the problem im having with the nokia is the bluetooth will not switch on at all!!!! im giving the phone to my wife so want to try sort it.
    also it wond sync via usb to pc suite. it is being detected and it will back up but i cant sync the contacts to outlook

Try a power cycle and then see will then bluetooth turn on.

do you meant let battery run down???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Turn it off and on again - Power Cycle.

it has been on and off last 2 days . no difference

km79 wrote: »
    do you meant let battery run down???

Just power on and off. If it doesnt help, you could try updating the software using pc suite

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have a 5800 I stopped using early last year when it satrted doign the saem thing. Bluetooth wont turn on at all, I get the same message as the op whenever I try to turn it on. I tried resetting, powering on and off, updating software, everything. Never got it workign. After loads of googling it appears to be a common fault with no fix.

Advertisement