Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were to start???

Options
  • 05-05-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

hi all
    i was thinking of going back to do a course maybe one day a week or in the evenings .im based in kildare so dublin or carlow are options .im self employed at the moment in the building sector so i suppose you could say i was partime.i have a wife and 3 children to support .my background is i left school after inter cert to do apprenticeship and completed my time and am still in that buisiness,but im looking to add more strings to my bow but dont know what course to take i hear their is a building management course you can do 1 day a week it is a 3 year course and can get a degree at the end of it that might be an option ,anything will be considered .the thought of going back to school scares the hell out of me as i wasnt the most academic pupil but heres hoping any opinions appreciated ,:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

I wouldn't be scared about returning to education, the fact your more mature now will mean that you will be more responsible in that you know if a project/assignment must be done then it must get done rather than procrastinate like some 1st years I know:D.
    Well you are off to a good start in that you know what type of course (as in Building related) you want to do, what I suggest now is to maybe research what colleges offer the part time course that suits you and are interested in, try and attend any open evenings going or maybe get in touch with the head of the building/construction department of the college, they will be more than glad to answer any question you have.

Good luck with it :)

Advertisement