Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to do it this year!

Options
  • 05-05-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Just gonna start a log to try and motivate me to keep up my training.Been meaning to do a marathon for the past 3 or 4 years and never got round to it so this year is the one! Completed my first road race last Sunday and have caught the running bug so have to keep it up. Have no goals set yet for the marathon, plently of time for that. Going to do a few road races in the next few months and then start into the longer distances. Running the Integral 10km in Clogherhead on 3rd July and want to try and get down as close to 40mins as possible!

Sunday
    Boyne 10km - 46.29mins

First ever race, really enjoyed it but I went off far to fast in the first 2 k and suffered for it in the second half of the race. Could hardly breath at one point and was gonna stop but I kept going. Hopefully will learn from my mistake for next time.

Wednesday
    Just went for a 4km walk with the girlfriend. She is walking the 10km in july so said I would go out with her a few times.

Thursday
    5km - 22.36mins
    Thought I ran faster than this, want to try and get down to sub 20mins for 5km

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Hey, good luck with your log and goals, just little bit of advice, don't be tempted to rush things and run hard every time your out, sure way to get injured and lose interest. Mostly easy running with sprinkling of tough sessions is the way to go :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tintin_85

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

cheers for the advice lads

Saturday
    9km Slow run, was gonna go further but had a bit to drink on friday night and didnt feel good on the run.

Advertisement