Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Crawl Stephens Green to the "Dublin Arena" Europa Cup Final - recommendations

Options
  • 05-05-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Well, now we know who's in the final....

Thinking of having a few pints before the game and wondering on suggestions on a route that will take in some pubs along the way to the final, from St.Stephens Green to the ground...

Oh and maybe some fast food joint along the route also.

Thanks for suggestions in advance;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

Start off in Kehoes for one of the best pints in Dublin, head onto Dawson Lounge for one of the smallest bars in Dublin, then O'Donoghues for what used to be one of the best spots in Dublin, then Toners for their lovely snug, if you can get it. Food break here, as there are any amount of fast food places around around Toners, including a great little kebab shop just 20 yards back towards town.

Bit of a walk to the next stop, time enough to eat and digest the grub. Up to Smyth's on Haddington Road, a great little pub, then to Jack Ryan's in Beggars' Bush. Getting close to Lansdowne now, and pubs are starting to pack up. Good outside space here, so I'd finish the crawl here, go any further towards the stadium and you'll be waiting for your pint, up to yourself!

Six great pubs and a food stop. What more do you need? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sounds like a plan, cheers for that, better skip one (or two pubs or pints) otherwise I'll never see the game !!!;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Toners, The 51, Slatterys Beggars Bush would all be be on my list.

Also The Baggot Inn are doing something for the day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

hXci wrote: »
    Start off in Kehoes for one of the best pints in Dublin, head onto Dawson Lounge for one of the smallest bars in Dublin, then O'Donoghues for what used to be one of the best spots in Dublin, then Toners for their lovely snug, if you can get it. Food break here, as there are any amount of fast food places around around Toners, including a great little kebab shop just 20 yards back towards town.

Bit of a walk to the next stop, time enough to eat and digest the grub. Up to Smyth's on Haddington Road, a great little pub, then to Jack Ryan's in Beggars' Bush. Getting close to Lansdowne now, and pubs are starting to pack up. Good outside space here, so I'd finish the crawl here, go any further towards the stadium and you'll be waiting for your pint, up to yourself!

Six great pubs and a food stop. What more do you need? :)

+1, we shud get a pub crawl goin for it, not too many though or the dawson lounge will be wedged! reckon porto to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

vicwatson wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan, cheers for that, better skip one (or two pubs or pints) otherwise I'll never see the game !!!;)
    Pub crawl with 4 pubs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

Kehoes, Toners, Smyths and Beggars Bush it is so! DO IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Pub crawl with 4 pubs?

We aren't all dipsos !!:D

Nah, I really mean rather than just staying in the one pub all night to go "on tour" up to the ground.

Advertisement